Forum/Support Market
Busy icon
Do they say why? Typically the games I sell are from my regular suppliers who buy directly from the store with steam wallet.
Replies

Actually, I am 80% sure it's because of the CSGOs I sold. I bought them off a guy who was selling them for $8.50 bitcoin. The last batch I tried ordering from him, he scammed me of $200.

http://imgur.com/E4S9PML
http://imgur.com/BqPBgdt
http://imgur.com/n2TDuH9

He stated that he had bought them back during summer sale and had around 200 copies, but he's already sold them all...

Maybe this could be 1-side trades ?, and steam suspect you are selling things for real money, i see you started doing a lot of oneside trades when started selling itens for bitcoin, not sure if steam bans because of this but well, we never know.

Steam never gives reason when they trade ban an account (But when you ask them they will say it). Try to write Steam support ticket to explain your situation. The bot's username is 'shopagent30'.

Steam never gives reason when they trade ban an account (But when you ask them they will say it). Try to write Steam support ticket to explain your situation. The bot's username is 'shopagent30'.

Thanks, I sent a ticket. If they don't end up removing the trade ban, is it possible to gift the items back to me?

Thanks, I sent a ticket. If they don't end up removing the trade ban, is it possible to gift the items back to me?

Not possible because the account won't be able to trade at all. (including sending gift)

Damn. This is good example why traders should avoid gift reselling at all costs. Or at least very carefuly investigate the source. Also didn't know trading ban applies also to gifting. I guess the only thing dispenser could do is give username+pwd of the tainted bot to its owner. But that i guess is entirely up to dispenser, because this sounds kind a risky due to fact that account transfer is against steam TOS.

Damn. This is good example why traders should avoid gift reselling at all costs. Or at least very carefuly investigate the source. Also didn't know trading ban applies also to gifting. I guess the only thing dispenser could do is give username+pwd of the tainted bot to its owner. But that i guess is entirely up to dispenser, because this sounds kind a risky due to fact that account transfer is against steam TOS.

Even if I give Soarnsky the username+pwd he won't be able to take out anything. CS:GO reselling is a risky business (since scammer likes to sell them as it is popular). There was already one VIP banned before for selling CS:GO gifts. So I would say at least avoid CS:GO.

Not possible because the account won't be able to trade at all. (including sending gift
)

Bummer, well thanks anyway. Been a good run.

I sent in a support ticket 9 days ago inquiring about the account and I haven't received a response

I sent in a support ticket 9 days ago inquiring about the account and I haven't received a response

That's just Steam, I'd be surprised if you ever get a response. They're known to screen people who they deem are abusing the ticket service (Dispenser.TF probably is one of those organizations).

That's just Steam, I'd be surprised if you ever get a response. They're known to screen people who they deem are abusing the ticket service (Dispenser.TF probably is one of those organizations).

I don't think Valve hates us. They response to my ticket every time (despite the same meaningless response each time). Also you do not have to mention this site when dealing with them.

Soarnsky: If you do not get a reply in 2 days, you should just start another ticket and hope another Steam support would pick it up.

Alright... Something weird I just noticed. http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198070101307

It doesn't say that it's trade banned on steamrep, also it doesn't say so on the profile

Alright... Something weird I just noticed. http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198070101307

It doesn't say that it's trade banned on steamrep, also it doesn't say so on the profile

I reported a scammer for selling me revoked gifts before and he got trade banned but it doesn't say so on his profile too. Maybe it's an indication that you still have a chance of getting your account unbanned? D: Good luck!

I reported a scammer for selling me revoked gifts before and he got trade banned but it doesn't say so on his profile too. Maybe it's an indication that you still have a chance of getting your account unbanned? D: Good luck!

I got it back!

Here's the message I got:

Thank you for contacting Steam Support.

We apologize for the delay.

During an investigation of a recent account hijacking, your account was identified as receiving items from the compromised account. In response, we temporarily locked down the items and accounts involved while we gathered additional information. We apologize for any confusion and/or frustration this may have caused.

As a temporary precaution during this investigation, the items you received from the hijacked account were removed. After further review of your case, we have restored the items you received as part of this exchange.

In the future, we encourage you to keep in mind the resources within Steam that you can use to purchase, sell, and exchange items more safely, such as the Community Market and the Trading Forums:

Congrats :)

I got it back!

Here's the message I got:

Thank you for contacting Steam Support.

We apologize for the delay.

During an investigation of a recent account hijacking, your account was identified as receiving items from the compromised account. In response, we temporarily locked down the items and accounts involved while we gathered additional information. We apologize for any confusion and/or frustration this may have caused.

As a temporary precaution during this investigation, the items you received from the hijacked account were removed. After further review of your case, we have restored the items you received as part of this exchange.

In the future, we encourage you to keep in mind the resources within Steam that you can use to purchase, sell, and exchange items more safely, such as the Community Market and the Trading Forums:

Congrats! Glad you got it back. :D