Forum/Support Market
Busy icon
apparently my bot was banned ;(
just wanted to know what message says and if it's perm or not :o
Replies

If there's no red text "Trade Banned" on the bots Steam profile, then I think it is currently a trade lock, which means it is not permanent (but it could become a permanent ban after Valve investigate).

I think Valve uses a trade lock when they are investigating some items you received and they don't want you to move them. Could be some items that came from a hijacking, or carded keys, or something else. (Possibly they can lock or ban you if they think you did too much cross-region games trading, but I think that is very, very unusual, I only heard about one or two cases in the past).

I guess Joto will tell you what message is displayed.

Valve probably won't tell you very much. If they unlock the account, they may remove some items.

http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/expanded-faq-recommended.7263/page-2#post-98226

Sorry to hear about this. Good luck.

thank you :) this page is exactly what I was looking for :)

This account has violated the Steam Terms of Service Agreement.

This account has been flagged by Steam Support for violations of the Terms of Service Agreement. Purchasing, gifting, trading, buying and selling items on the Community Market, and cd-key activation have been disabled.

Account functionality has been restricted.

If you believe you have received this message in error, please contact Steam Support so that we can assist you.

More info on this topic is available here: Steam Terms of Service Agreement.

Same as the one on this thread http://dispenser.tf/forum/view/8574/. His bot account was not unbanned.

omg ,any explanation from steam? steam think bots are alt of scammers??

You can get the same message when you're flagged as a russian dealer, account.

If you get a nice supporter, you can get unlocked.

russian dealer, account.

Can you please explain more about this "russian dealer" flag i hear first time? Almost all steam trading starts with russian steam account, they should mark thousands of accounts if this is the case. And it would be really easy to find those - justs look accounts who have rub wallets and buy more then lets say 10 games per day.

russian dealer, account.

Can you please explain more about this "russian dealer" flag i hear first time? Almost all steam trading starts with russian steam account, they should mark thousands of accounts if this is the case. And it would be really easy to find those - justs look accounts who have rub wallets and buy more then lets say 15 games per day.

Maybe like this:

http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/q-a-with-valves-steam-support-ask-your-questions-here.20089/page-6#post-65885

But I thought such bans were very rare

BTW, OP's bot also had some sales to joxnet979, which people were worried about. But, probably that means nothing, because there many ways to get locked/banned if you do a lot of trading, sometimes it is quite random and unfair: just using alts and doing something that looks suspicious to Steam support because it is not normal behavior like 99% of Steam users.

Damn if such banning really exists it basically mean every other dispenser vip is potential candidate for tradeban. I definately hope this is not the case. Also if valve is so worried about crossregion trading, they should lock it down with AllowCrossRegionTradingAndGifting tag or put limits on trade count, not locking accounts and basically destroying months of hard work for trader in question.

russian dealer, account.

Can you please explain more about this "russian dealer" flag i hear first time? Almost all steam trading starts with russian steam account, they should mark thousands of accounts if this is the case. And it would be really easy to find those - justs look accounts who have rub wallets and buy more then lets say 15 games per day.

Maybe like this:

http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/q-a-with-valves-steam-support-ask-your-questions-here.20089/page-6#post-65885

But I thought such bans were very rare

BTW, OP's bot also had some sales to joxnet979, which people were worried about. But, probably that means nothing, because there many ways to get locked/banned if you do a lot of trading, sometimes it is quite random and unfair: just using alts and doing something that looks suspicious to Steam support because it is not normal behavior like 99% of Steam users.

They are rare, but they happen, I know about a few cases.
By the way, yes they could bann a lot of users on this line, but they only do that randomly, and rarely - I don't know why..

Any news?

Any news?

running bot again, i assume that fix

Any news?

OP decides not to appeal, and continue to run his service on another bot instead.