Forum/Support Market
Busy icon
Hi,

I bought a few Dead Rising 2 Complete Edition from

http://dispenser.tf/wend

However the gift is RU/CIS Locked and UNMARKED

You can clearly see on his profile he claims all gifts are ROW

Yet user does not want to do anything, and clearly knew what was going on.

What do you guys think about this case ?

Also don't buy any Dead Rising 2 Complete from anybody they might be locked!

Replies

Im sure you also knew why you were buying those from everyone - exactly cause game got locked and its impossible to get more. This topic was created to point out that some particular trader didnt want to refund you, not to warn people from buying game, right?

They got retro-actively region locked during the last sale. So you possibly bought them while they were still considered (ROW) copies and activatable any where and locked later on.

They got retro-actively region locked during the last sale. So you possibly bought them while they were still considered (ROW) copies and activatable any where and locked later on.

Capcom locked them 4 days ago, so that's probably what happened.

http://steamdb.info/sub/18253/history/

Added AllowCrossRegionTradingAndGifting – false

Looks like Wend stopped selling them

Capcom locked them 4 days ago, so that's probably what happened.

http://steamdb.info/sub/18253/history/

Added AllowCrossRegionTradingAndGifting – false

Looks like Wend stopped selling them

Seems like he bought it 13september according to the Steam inventory; so that's 3 days ago? I guess? In that case they were sold as region locked copies and imo seller should keep his promise and give a refunds as he stated all his games were ROW.

Im sure you also knew why you were buying those from everyone - exactly cause game got locked and its impossible to get more. This topic was created to point out that some particular trader didnt want to refund you, not to warn people from buying game, right?

Yes of course i wanted to buy some because nobody else was able to get more, if it wasn't me it would have been someone else.

My question is more about how to approach those situations, if you were the buyer would you expect the seller to refund ?

I bought some other from another seller and he gladly refunded me as i expected he would as a good is not delivered in the state it was supposed to be.

Am i expecting too much ?

Yes of course i wanted to buy some because nobody else was able to get more, if it wasn't me it would have been someone else.

My question is more about how to approach those situations, if you were the buyer would you expect the seller to refund ?

I bought some other from another seller and he gladly refunded me as i expected he would as a good is not delivered in the state it was supposed to be.

Am i expecting too much ?

I also did refund copies of that game, but its not regular "seller making refuns if asked". You taking some risks knowing that game is locked already. And word "Glandly" doesnt really work with word "Refund", doesnt matter how many smiley faces he used lol. If im wrong than ask him about refunding others copies. Maybe he will be happy to do that too ;p

Damn, they retro-actively blocked it.. I thought they just made new subId with crossregiontrading=false flag, but looks like they modified old one also. If my buyer had that kind a situation i would solved matter differently, but i cant blame wend either.
Anyways, this situation is mostly steam fault, they definitively needed to add red flag next to game icon.

RhinoKeys - i just checked your inv, and i see one copy with red warning. So did steam refreshed their cache or something and those locked games are now visible with human eye? Or there are now 2 kinds of locked DR2:complete - one with warn and another without? Damn what a mess..
Sorry about doublepost.

another edit:
Looks like steam completely removed dr2:complete from store. Thats interesting, i guess.

RhinoKeys - i just checked your inv, and i see one copy with red warning. So did steam refreshed their cache or something and those locked games are now visible with human eye? Or there are now 2 kinds of locked DR2:complete - one with warn and another without? Damn what a mess..
Sorry about doublepost.

another edit:
Looks like steam completely removed dr2:complete from store. Thats interesting, i guess.

its true, maybe they will check something and add this back to the store.

Sorry about doublepost.

another edit:

The red flag appear when the game is sent to a email it kinda ''refresh'' the game info

How many keys did you lose?

I gave this issue a longer thought and this is definitely shitstorm. Dispenser needs new feature - refund badge. For example dispenser could define few refund policies and bot owners could put one such badge in his profile page as of way saying - I am supporting this kind a refund policy in cases of retroactive blocking. For example - 1) refund only single copy per game (would be awesome for standard customers, but not resellers who buy multiple copies from dispensers) 2) refund all 3) refund nothing. Of course that would be only promise and nothing more.
In this case steam retroactively blocked game. It also didnt add warn sign next to existing gifts. It was not bot owners fault. None of the big dispenser shop owners want to scam their customers.
Anyways - when you are stacking games, you should know the risk of retroactive locking. Dispenser bot owners know this when they stockpile games, so should you if you are stockpiling them (even if you acquire them via trading not buying). It does not take a lot of imagination to see what damages dispenser bot owner are facing if lets say publisher locks game after 4 day sale during which bot sold like 50 copies and most of them were not redeemed.

tl;dr - reasonable thing to do is redeem right after purchase. If you are stockpiling games, know the risk.