Forum/Support Market
Busy icon
As you can see, I am selling CS:GO gifts here: http://dispenser.tf/ercalote

However, if we do a serch by the keyword "global" - http://dispenser.tf/?s=global&t=sell - my shop is not displayed at any of three pages of results. What's the matter?
Replies

I can search for it just fine. Try again now? Trades take some time to be 'cached' and displayed on search results.

I can search for it just fine. Try again now? Trades take some time to be 'cached' and displayed on search results.

I bumped it manually, so it appeared in the search again. As for now, it is again not shown. Please check it out. My trade is not newly created one, so it is obviously should be presented in the cache.

The reason why I started to bother is that I have not been getting a sale for 7 hours for now, which is a significant time considering that I am offering the best price for CS:GO at dispenser.tf. Probably, other users cannot see my trades as well as I cant.

It is not funny anymore. Many of my trades are not displayed in search results. Please test it at some item that is not very popular at dispenser, so it would be easier to see the bug. For instance, lets take this trade: http://dispenser.tf/trade/134409/

You can see that I am selling Stockpile Crate Key there. Lets make a search now: http://dispenser.tf/?t=sell&s=%22Stockpile+Crate+Key%22
There are only two trades displaying and mine is not among them: http://2.ii.gl/gG6l6iOG.png

Please help me. I got only a couple sales during the whole weekend, which is ridiculous.

Search on site is very broken right now, i remember i had to remake trade offers / reasign gifts to see mine in search. But now if you search most gifts it will show you completely different stuff (somehow connected to a week ago changes, shows in results not just items but searches for shop owner's names.) + non loading images make it not possible to see gifts/prices.

Search on site is very broken right now, i remember i had to remake trade offers / reasign gifts to see myself in search. But now if you search most gifts it will show you completely different stuff + non loading images make it not possible to see gifts/prices.

If you refresh the page, you will be able to see all images. It's an annoying solution but it works.

In my case, I created a new trade but it did not help. I hope admins will help me. In a previous message Joto just indicated that he could see my trades. I wonder if he is able to see it now.

Anyway, impossibility to immediately reproduce a bug does not mean at all that the bug does not exist.

Ok, as for now I again can see my trade for the example I provided (with Stockpile keys). However, for some other items (e.g. CS:GO), the problem is still there. I think, the issue somehow deals with the website cache. The problem is not common one obviously, so unfortunately I cannot say more about it or make some good guesses how to fix it. Please think about what can be wrong. The problem is really there, I was able to reproduce it at several PCs with different IP addresses.

I made a little investigation that led to some interesting results, which I now post here.

First, I did a search by a keyword "global" and got 3 pages of results.

Then, I looked at the names of shops that were presented in the results. Look at the following figure I created. Same color represent a shop that appear in the search results multiple times, while shops with white background appear only once as supposed.

You can see that A LOT of shops are presented several times at different pages of the search results. Moreover, we can see that at page 2 the shop "LH TRADES" appears two times. I think that the search function is badly broken and this is the reason why shops disappear from search results sometimes. Please please please fix it.

It is also strange that at page 2 there are more shops displayed than at page 1. Maybe, you limit the number of trades per page and not the number of shops, but I did not check it.

I made a little investigation that led to some interesting results, which I now post here.

First, I did a search by a keyword "global" and got 3 pages of results.

Then, I looked at the names of shops that were presented in the results. Look at the following figure I created. Same color represent a shop that appear in the search results multiple times, while shops with white background appear only once as supposed.

You can see that A LOT of shops are presented several times at different pages of the search results. Moreover, we can see that at page 2 the shop "LH TRADES" appears two times. I think that the search function is badly broken and this is the reason why shops disappear from search results sometimes. Please please please fix it.

It is also strange that at page 2 there are more shops displayed than at page 1. Maybe, you limit the number of trades per page and not the number of shops, but I did not check it.

Are you 100% sure its not connected to auto bumping?

I opened all 3 pages within 1 second, so I will not connect this behaviour to auto bumping.

Additionally, we should not get a shop appearing at one page several times anyway.

i always get problems not sure if right now i have problems, i have two trades of global offensive (Lh Trades) maybe something for this.

i always get problems not sure if right now i have problems, i have two trades of global offensive (Lh Trades) maybe something for this.

Well, two trades belonging to one shop are merged into one block. We can see this for many shops.

Same... if I search for 'global' your store doesn't show up. (If I stop using Simple Text Search and do an advanced search by selecting the CS:GO icon from the full list of Steam Gifts, then it works, but that doesn't help you because few people are going to use that method to search for CS:GO.)

Try searching for other games in your store, to see if it's a problem with CS:GO or a problem with your store.

I've noticed stuff missing from search before, but it seems to be much better than it used to be

Try searching for other games in your store, to see if it's a problem with CS:GO or a problem with your store.

In one of the previous posts I showed that the problem occurs also for TF2 Stockpile key. So, it is most likely the problem of the search function rather than some specific item.

Well the reason why some shops show up multiple times is because their trades are not merged into one block. And the reason why they do not merge may have to do with cache, that's all I can say right now.

ercalote, the exact reason why this problem is hard to tackle is because at this moment I may not be able to search for your trades but the next moment I could. It is not really not working but not 'always'. You have to give us time to figure out more.

Joto, thanks for the reply. I am not asking you to immediately come up with a perfect solution. My motivation for updating this thread was to attract your attention to the problem, so you add it to your todo list. Please take your time investigating the problem and give us a positive result eventually. You are doing a great job constantly updating the website. I very much respect and appreciate it.

Joto, thanks for the reply. I am not asking you to immediately come up with a perfect solution. My motivation for updating this thread was to attract your attention to the problem, so you add it to your todo list. Please take your time investigating the problem and give us a positive result eventually. You are doing a great job constantly updating the website. I very much respect and appreciate it.

This is definitely a part we would like to improve. However, we are still trying to figure out certain changes of Steam trades (as we have an unusually high occurrence of 'dropped items' error right now). We have lots to do on this regard. Also I personally won't have much time this week as we are having a huge protest here in HK which I will be joining time to time when there is the chance.

This issue is also affecting me. I've been averaging about 2-5 sales a day when usually it's a lot higher.