Forum/Support Market
Busy icon
As it is now, in the new scheme, I cannot pick a specific item from my backpack if there are duplicates of this item in my backpack, because the inventory view on the inventory exchange page does not show my items in the order they are arranged in my backpack.

Thus, if I want to deposit a specific set of TF2 keys, for example, I have no way of differentiating those keys from the others, in the inventory exchange page.

Screenshot of Items not shown in actual backpack order:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/59763199/steam/20140928074155.png

Cheers! ^^
Judicious Use of Deadly Force
Replies

Do you mean that you cannot choose a key with a special defindex (festive keys converted to normal keys) because they all look the same? And you need some aid like a box showing its defindex? :)

Do you mean that you cannot choose a key with a special defindex (festive keys converted to normal keys) because they all look the same? And you need some aid like a box showing its defindex? :)

I second. In my case I keep all my tradeables on page 1. Now I have to hunt for them amongst a sea of inventory. If we could get an option to view backpack as is and not sorted for us, that would be great.

Do you mean that you cannot choose a key with a special defindex (festive keys converted to normal keys) because they all look the same? And you need some aid like a box showing its defindex?

I guess it would be nice to have some way to see the defindex and also the item id as well; maybe in the popup that appears in the lower right when you hover the mouse cursor over an inventory item's icon.

I have some expired keys I am collecting that I don't want to deposit on dispenser.tf.
I also usually have a key which is listed on backpack.tf, so I don't want to deposit this key as well, as that would mean losing the listing.
The same can happen with any items which I have many instances of, like paints, gift wraps, and others.

Note that, perhaps, the most convenient solution to users is to show items (in the inventory exchange page) in the same order as they are arranged in the backpack--I do the same thing lovecow mentioned--this way, users can identify items by position, thus avoiding the extra work of checking N defindexes/id's by triggering N popups to deposit N keys avoiding the collectible ones. (It would still be nice to be able to check the defindexes/id's, though; might be handy in other cases.)

Thanks and cheers! (^-^)
Judicious Use of Deadly Force