Forum/Support Market
Busy icon
how work new rating?
Replies

Nothing much complex there. Just a simple system for user to leave a rating score and comment for a shop. It is not used in any 'calculations'.

How does it work? I opened cara shop, there is rate button at the bottom of the page, but when i click it nothing happens. There is no input box near this button. All REP comments are gone too.

EDIT:
Ok, got it, looks like you can add rating only when one of trades are open. It would be nice to remove nonworking button from main shop page tho.

may i suggest two things:

1) maybe add a scale/text near the rating input so it's clear 5=good 1=bad
2) keep the optional freeform text field but maybe add something to the tune of radiobuttons or checkboxes so the shopkeeper has an indication if what might be wrong. there might be a possibility for non native speakers to give a bad rating to the whole process (shop independent) which shouldnt reflect bad on my shop (alone)

If some on not like my offer, why he buy and leave then 1 star ?

Remove this new rating. Popularity is enough.

I totally agree with iso. I can't get this stupid system. If you are in bad mood you can just go through all offers and post rating "1". Also if I have some haters or trolls which post these ratings for fun.

Rating system should be moderated. If left unchecked then anyone could give a lower rating for baseless reasons or just because they were in a bad mood. I personally feel that there should be a complaint thread, where traders can report trolls who try to abuse the rating system.

best way to do ratings is offer just 2 options - Positive vs Negative. Most ppl have no clue how to properly assign score to their thoughts, so this makes their life easier. Steam game ratings, rottentomatoes, steamtrades.com and many others do ratings this way. Its way easier to moderate also - of person says "thanks for the game" and adds Negative (or vice versa), its clear indication of trolling.

Can some one please remove this SH*T, because it affects poor productivity.. Some on not like my shop and give me 1 or 2 stars !!!

@ iso
you rated my shop with 1 star because my bot didn't work and many others altough it is not reasonable

@ Joto - please allow people to change or remove the rating/comment

Yes, and this are fine because your shop not work good, i have 1 star for nothing, just 1 star some on put for my shop..

I will take ultrazar's suggestion to make rating only counts 'positive' and 'negative'.