Forum/Support Market
Busy icon
Well I know its not related to dispenser but I'm just curious to know why are we not able to buy games as gift anymore?

Same error since yesterday morning and only very very few traders are able to buy games.
Error: An unexpected error has occurred. Your purchase has not been completed. Please contact Steam Support."
Replies

http://www.reddit.com/r/SteamGameSwap/comments/2mt33j/q_will_valve_do_a_mass_ban_or_just_some_type_of/

http://www.reddit.com/r/SteamGameSwap/comments/2mt33j/q_will_valve_do_a_mass_ban_or_just_some_type_of/

I've checked and its not confirmed yet.

This has been happening to me for like, at the very beginning of time. They never want to accept money from my Paypal or CC.

In another word, no idea.

same problem, support answer:
Hello Igor,

Thank you for contacting Steam Support.

Our records indicate that you are using this account to purposely bypass regional content restrictions or regional pricing.

In the future, do not resell games to users in regions that do not match the price of the region in which you reside or are purchasing from.

Prices in the Steam Store are set on a region by region basis. The price and currency displayed are the set prices for those games based on your location.

We are always working with publishers to adjust prices to be in line with what can be found at local retailers and online shops.

Note that the reselling of games is not supported by Steam Support. We will not assist you with any issues you encounter while making purchases in this way.

It's the same for everybody unfortunately :(

The response I got from support:

"Our records indicate that you are purchasing multiple copies of games and then trading or reselling them to other Steam users outside of your region.

As previously the reselling of games is not supported by Steam Support. We will not assist you with any issues you encounter while making purchases in this way.

Steam Support has provided you with all of the relevant information regarding this issue. You can log into your account at support.steampowered.com to review your Steam Support tickets.

You will receive no further correspondence regarding this matter."

Could be a mass ban. But I certainly hope not. :(

It tends to come with a tradeban too. Do any of you experience that?

In fact, I think this will end with a mass unban if too many people complain at once. After all, the loss of game sales could be enormous if they go mass banning. It is not like the community cares about this kind of things anyway. They all want cheaper games. Even people who only buy games will complain.

In fact, I think this will end with a mass unban if too many people complain at once. After all, the loss of game sales could be enormous if they go mass banning. It is not like the community cares about this kind of things anyway. They all want cheaper games. Even people who only buy games will complain.

So i guess this is the end of game trading if it goes like that.

I had better opinion about Valve. "Reselling games is not against Steam User Agreement, but we banned you from purchasing and won't remove this ban.'' - Steam Support. In the end the same bitches as EA, Ubi and others.

One of my friends tends to say "valve always bans me in spring and autumn )"
He didn't buy games since the last FC3 sale, and I asked him to do so to test if his accounts are locked or not, and he said he could buy some cheap one as a gift.

So either he didn't fell under the wave or it was a steam bug which is over.

@Laon Escad: For Valve it's not about reselling but about reselling into different regions. I formed this opinion based on ban replies that supports sends if somebody complains, and based on the fact they started putting CrossRegionGiftingAndTrading locks on older games.

@Laon Escad: For Valve it's not about reselling but about reselling into different regions. I formed this opinion based on ban replies that supports sends if somebody complains, and based on the fact they started putting CrossRegionGiftingAndTrading locks on older games.

From Steam Trading Support Page:
"What restrictions are there on trading Steam Gifts?
Trading a Steam Gift is very similar to sending a gift to someone; just that once it is traded that user can then either trade it again, or open it for themselves. There are no restrictions on territory."

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=6748-ETSG-5417#restrictions

From Steam Trading Support Page:
"What restrictions are there on trading Steam Gifts?
Trading a Steam Gift is very similar to sending a gift to someone; just that once it is traded that user can then either trade it again, or open it for themselves. There are no restrictions on territory."

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=6748-ETSG-5417#restrictions

I know how it supposed to work and how it in reality does. But such is life.
I just stated what I think grinds their gears independently from what they state on the ToS or other pages.

So i guess this is the end of game trading if it goes like that.

Gather a large bunch of people to complain, spamming Steam support and forum until they do something. :)