Forum/Support Market
Busy icon
Can I attach my vip bot to another account, as this I got banned trade/market?
new account http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198139521350/
Replies

May i ask why valve banned you? Just pure interest - so other traders can learn from your experience. Thanks.

May i ask why valve banned you? Just pure interest - so other traders can learn from your experience. Thanks.

mostly likely attempting to buy region blocked gifts by using glitches (such as CoD Black Ops II, Skyrim LE and Borderlands 2).

for buying region block gifts)

Please post a message with your new account here.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198139521350/

uhm... can we talk in steam because i still have some quetions with transfer items from 1 dispenser bot to other...

Wtf, when did they start banning for this? Is the ban a trade ban?

Steam's stance on cross region trading and gifting has become much stricter lately. Buying games cheaper from other regions and then trading/gifting to users from other regions is illegal according to steam and they will ban for this.

This is the reason you see a lot of traders getting banned lately, mostly Russians. They will simply restrict your account from: purchasing, trading, gifting and using the market.

It doesn't matter what kind of games you buy, any game that is much cheaper in one region compared to others applies to this rule. They only ban the account that purchases those gifts from store, not the reseller or the buyer... at least for now.

I got a few friends that got banned lately and i assume steam started banning those that had the most buying and trading activity for now, maybe more will follow.

If you get banned and contact support they will reply with something like this:

"Hello XXX,

Thank you for contacting Steam Support.

Our records indicate that you are using this account to purposely bypass regional content restrictions or regional pricing.

In the future, do not resell games to users in regions that do not match the price of the region in which you reside or are purchasing from. Additionally, do not use proxy or VPN software to falsify your purchasing region.

Note that the reselling of games is not supported by Steam Support. If you choose not to follow these instructions, your current and future reselling accounts will be permanently blocked from purchasing on Steam.

Prices in the Steam Store are set on a region by region basis. The price and currency displayed are the set prices for those games based on your location.

We are always working with publishers to adjust prices to be in line with what can be found at local retailers and online shops."

can steam ban bots for gift lot of copies? i

None knows for sure, this gifting system is new and we have to wait and see what happens. Let's hope they don't or we are all in big trouble here ;)

I knew about their common message that's being sent to russian dealers, but banning for using the bypass-glitch is something new as far as I know.
I checked the account of my russian friend which I know he bought some gifts using this method with, but trading with them works perfectly. So that's why I asked, when they started banning for this.

However I can say that the your statement "They only ban the account that purchases those gifts from store, not the reseller or the buyer." is wrong. I know about an occurence where every accounts that on a given day have traded with a russian dealer got banned: buying accounts, his trade account, resellers.

Or did he maybe get a bann for gifting a mass amount of games he bought on the sale?

Interesting read:
http://www.steamgifts.com/forum/vf7es/

Also - this banning thing is surrounded with tons of myths. Ppl think they are banned when they actually are not, and spread fud and makes everything hard to understand.

So, i got restricted during last sale. Error before each purchase. Trade ban? No. Some kind of limitation because bought too much - yes. Few days passed and i can buy again no problem.

>> I know about an occurence where every accounts that on a given day have traded with a russian dealer got banned: buying accounts, his trade account, resellers
This is interesting. Would be nice to know what amounts that guy moved.

I hope here, we all know what a bann is.
Red text when starting the client, restricting the trade functions, market, game buying, cd-key activation.

@ultrazars: I saw you were asking around the same question from multiple people, what did you get to know so far?
In the case I talked about, the russian dealer had a customer base of resellers, he didn't even use the tf2op for months, as he had more than enough orders.
He usually used 3-4-5 buying accounts then moved to one trader account (it was a buying account too imo) and then sold the gifts. Based on my stalking on his inv, he bought at least 1k gifts on a regular garry's mod weekend sale.

As he said "I usually get banned in autumn and in spring)"... : D

Shop moved.

Most russians who got banned were naive and sent support tickets to steam because store was not working for them. Steam Support then simply checked their account activity and banned them for crossregiontrading which is against SSA.

Most russians who got banned were naive and sent support tickets to steam because store was not working for them. Steam Support then simply checked their account activity and banned them for crossregiontrading which is against SSA.

Thats exactly what i fugured after reading some posts here and there. Anyways its strange that steam operates this way, it would be easier to them just extract some RU profile statistics, order them by purchase rate and process one by one.

I saw you were asking around the same question from multiple people, what did you get to know so far?"

@thoth Unfortunately ppl are very secretive or just simply not motivated to tell about their situation... This thead is best discoussion about this topic on dispenser.

They can ban any account buying,selling reselling , my friend got bannen about year ago for reason : selling games for keys its illegal , profiting is illegal something like that ( lost around 3k usd inventory )

thank you Joto, the problem was solved, but appers new, i dont see untradeble gifts in steam from dispenser...

thank you Joto, the problem was solved, but appers new, i dont see untradeble gifts in steam from dispenser...

You cannot use the My Shop interface to deposit the gifts, you first send them from your Steam as gifts and then click the button under Inventory to notify the bot to accept.