Forum/Support Market
Busy icon
Just saw this on reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/Steam/comments/2rvpqe/captchas_for_trade_offers/

Obviously this would kill Dispenser in its current form, so I thought the admins here should know. I guess you could offload the CAPTCHAs onto the user who's initiating the transfer or something to that effect.
Replies

just withdrawn keys now, its working. idk how :D

Same here, awesome. Looks like they whitelisted dispenser.

just withdrawn keys now, its working. idk how :D

It's working for me now as well. Neat.

I guess Valve must have whitelisted the IP address that Dispenser uses to control its bots.

Nice to see Valve take care of dispenser.

It was midnight here whey make the trade captcha thing compulsory, and then magically dispenser.tf got whitelisted.

When I woke up I saw the site running as usual, but I still think captcha is the wrong tool to tackle a security problem, and I will try to deliver the message to Valve and hope they will use a more suitable tool like google authenticator and make this kinf of stuff optional.

Valve's stupidity at its best again. I wonder who is behind all the Steam development now it is like a mess. Again they use the wrong tool for this situation. If they are to add any security they need something that is only unique to the user and not to the hacker (something like Google Authenticator or a trade password) and not Captcha, lol.

Valve's stupidity at its best again. I wonder who is behind all the Steam development now it is like a mess. Again they use the wrong tool for this situation. If they are to add any security they need something that is only unique to the user and not to the hacker (something like Google Authenticator or a trade password) and not Captcha, lol.

The captcha is pretty frustrating. Some trades take a long time when they have a lot of inventory. by the time the wheel stops spinning and you accept trade. the captcha time has run out and says "You were not fast enough" even though it just showed up. The validator de-syncs from what is being shown and no matter what you enter, you are either not fast enough or entered the wrong characters. Took over 9 tries to submit a trade.

Not only stupidity, but after I got all my accounts banned, they said that I used fraud and I never did. it's only becuase 1 of the account was russian currency and I got it only after all games were region locked, and it ended getting 8 of my accounts banned even the accounts without wallet (just for stock). This is valve, this is steam. it's the time to quite using this sh*t I guess

Not only stupidity, but after I got all my accounts banned, they said that I used fraud and I never did. it's only becuase 1 of the account was russian currency and I got it only after all games were region locked, and it ended getting 8 of my accounts banned even the accounts without wallet (just for stock). This is valve, this is steam. it's the time to quite using this sh*t I guess

What exactly happened? Valve wouldn't give the fraud message - as far as i know - in case you used an account from another region to bypass.
Didn't you accept any hijacked items for example?

Or any chanche that this russian account was stolen?

What exactly happened? Valve wouldn't give the fraud message - as far as i know - in case you used an account from another region to bypass.
Didn't you accept any hijacked items for example?

Or any chanche that this russian account was stolen?

Nope all accounts are created by me, I have some russian friends and I gave them the empty accounts login to buy something on it using Qiwi or Yandex (their wallet), and I paid them with tf2 keys everything goes fine, I was able to use the accounts after contacting support and telling them that I'm russian and I gave them scanned recepies of the payment. they fixed it and told me to use ?cc=ru, I was able to buy games, but not new games like farcry4 etc.. and preorders, and 4-packs. after I contacted them again to solve this, they simply banned all the accounts registred on that email (8 accounts) but only 2 of them used to get russian games, and my main account have brazilian currency. they banned all the accounts permently :'( I'll keep spaming them until they fix it, I've got an old account banned too but never used fraud ...

Valve switched it for Google reCaptcha, some people say that they dont have to enter any captcha and just click "ok" ... but not for me personaly, cant figure out it yet.

Valve switched it for Google reCaptcha, some people say that they dont have to enter any captcha and just click "ok" ... but not for me personaly, cant figure out it yet.

That new captcha is definately better - for me it fallbacks to real-captcha something like 33% of the cases, rest 66% goes through automatically. I found out if you are not sweating too much and just act natural there is larger chance that real-captcha wont appear and checkbox will be sufficient.

Nope all accounts are created by me, I have some russian friends and I gave them the empty accounts login to buy something on it using Qiwi or Yandex (their wallet), and I paid them with tf2 keys everything goes fine, I was able to use the accounts after contacting support and telling them that I'm russian and I gave them scanned recepies of the payment. they fixed it and told me to use ?cc=ru, I was able to buy games, but not new games like farcry4 etc.. and preorders, and 4-packs. after I contacted them again to solve this, they simply banned all the accounts registred on that email (8 accounts) but only 2 of them used to get russian games, and my main account have brazilian currency. they banned all the accounts permently :'( I'll keep spaming them until they fix it, I've got an old account banned too but never used fraud ...

You Know you used it to bypass region prices, so its your fault, if you did something a bit diferent for sure you don't will get banned.

You Know you used it to bypass region prices, so its your fault, if you did something a bit diferent for sure you don't will get banned.

I know, but you know .. Dying Light is region locked. so you bypassed it too ? ..

I know, but you know .. Dying Light is region locked. so you bypassed it too ? ..

I'm pretty sure, connecting the steam support was a bad idea. They tend to be more strict than the automated system.

i dont create Russian accounts to buy games for sell thats all.
Maybe on some of your contacts to steam support, say you don't will do it again.

So you were telling them that you are a Russian that moved to Brazil which could be true that's why the support believed you.

Next time you contact them you simply get banned because the support started checking your logs and see that some accounts that few days ago added wallet from Russian IP and now every game they buy using Brazilian IP gets gifted or traded away to someone else.

You already knew what you are doing is illegal (bypassing region prices) that's why support says you are banned for fraud. I think it is obvious how easy is for support to understand what is the purpose of the accounts from your actions.

It's really not worth risking losing all for a small profit, i hope that you are lucky enough to get unbanned.

So you were telling them that you are a Russian that moved to Brazil which could be true that's why the support believed you.

Next time you contact them you simply get banned because the support started checking your logs and see that some accounts that few days ago added wallet from Russian IP and now every game they buy using Brazilian IP gets gifted or traded away to someone else.

You already knew what you are doing is illegal (bypassing region prices) that's why support says you are banned for fraud. I think it is obvious how easy is for support to understand what is the purpose of the accounts from your actions.

It's really not worth risking losing all for a small profit, i hope that you are lucky enough to get unbanned.

Thanks, I only want to get my main account unbanned, and my stock accounts :( I don't want the 2 russian accounts at all and I never made profits with them since all russian games are locked :/

I can't believe they still have no intention to admit their mistake and just change it to Re-CAPTCHA (which makes no difference to the SteamStealer developer at all). The worst thing about this change is not breaking the bots and causing inconvenience, but not improving user's security at all by using the wrong tool for what they intend to do.

and any solution to end with bots phishing, i have a lot of requests friends each day. and it is very frustrating

I can't believe they still have no intention to admit their mistake and just change it to Re-CAPTCHA (which makes no difference to the SteamStealer developer at all). The worst thing about this change is not breaking the bots and causing inconvenience, but not improving user's security at all by using the wrong tool for what they intend to do.

my bot works last night 3 times , when I ask someone about it , he said , dispenser bots are whitelisted , I don't know what does that mean ( check my bot's inventory history if you want ^^