Forum/Support Market
Busy icon
I remember that no so long ago, when you were searching for specific item or game - you always got different results. Shops were auto bumping randomly there, mixing all trades. Now if you try that, you will get stable "list" of shops that not changing unless something was bought out.
At first i thought that its popularity working but its not the case. Now i'm almost sure that the later you create your trade, the lower in result it will be. Even when i successfully and manually bumped shop, my new created trade still is last in results.
Bumping works fine for front page, but not for searching... i dont think it's how it suppose to be, but if it is even designed this way - thats not quite fair. (Plus In Chrome, sometimes, not all images loading and require couple refreshes. Just a reminder of another big and very annoying problem. http://i.giphy.com/3EAKxkbxePrcgmYZW0.gif )
Replies

not Checked search yet, but the images are to bad, need to refresh to much to load.

We are making a new market system which will sort trades with cheapest price. This along with bumping will no longer be an issue.

not Checked search yet, but the images are to bad, need to refresh to much to load.

Same here, have to refresh every page 4-5 times to load all the trades and/or images properly.

We are making a new market system which will sort trades with cheapest price. This along with bumping will no longer be an issue.

Just in theory, if there are 3 types of key payment in same trade, and they are different like 15tf, 14cs, 10dota in one and in other trade there are 15.5tf but 13.5cs and 9dota... what algorithm system will use to show cheapest? And if it shows 10 same trades, with same prices, will they be rotating as before? I am talking about simple text search, not advanced one by the way.

If you will look for "Payday 2" or for other game that have cards/dlc's, you will get like 10+ pages of dlc's and cards before you manage to find real gifts. "Sorting cheapest" system will make cards always be first results if there are any, right?

I like the idea that cheapest trade get first place and same price trades rotating randomly so they all have same chance to be bought, but at the same time dlc's will be infront of games and 4-packs gona be hidden like they are ridiculously overpriced, though purchasing a 4-pack might be more valuable. Region restricted copies of games will move to front cause they are cheaper... Maybe you could at least add a possibility to "not show cards/ community items".

Oh btw, have you ever heard before that some people are confused when they see search line and at the same time it has button "Sell", they swap it to "Buy" and can't find anything... it's not like the huge problem, but think about newbies who search for first time and then think how useless this site is ;)

Just in theory, if there are 3 types of key payment in same trade, and they are different like 15tf, 14cs, 10dota in one and in other trade there are 15.5tf but 13.5cs and 9dota... what algorithm system will use to show cheapest? And if it shows 10 same trades, with same prices, will they be rotating as before? I am talking about simple text search, not advanced one by the way.

If you will look for "Payday 2" or for other game that have cards/dlc's, you will get like 10+ pages of dlc's and cards before you manage to find real gifts. "Sorting cheapest" system will make cards always be first results if there are any, right?

I like the idea that cheapest trade get first place and same price trades rotating randomly so they all have same chance to be bought, but at the same time dlc's will be infront of games and 4-packs gona be hidden like they are ridiculously overpriced, though purchasing a 4-pack might be more valuable. Region restricted copies of games will move to front cause they are cheaper... Maybe you could at least add a possibility to "not show cards/ community items".

Oh btw, have you ever heard before that some people are confused when they see search line and at the same time it has button "Sell", they swap it to "Buy" and can't find anything... it's not like the huge problem, but think about newbies who search for first time and then think how useless this site is ;)

No the item listing will be like Steam market in the future. Every item has its own buy/sell orders, graph and statistics. The searching would be vastly improved as there is always a pinpoint result. The price will be converted to a 'key value' which uses TF2 key as 'base' (so that price could be sorted properly). We will also have some sort of "Buy/Sell Now" button for the market interface which buyers could buy the cheapest item available. Sellers with cheapest price will be rewarded most from the new system.

search system working strange atm. example, results for left 4 dead 2. this guy always on top

http://dispenser.tf/trade/124311/
http://dispenser.tf/?t=sell&s=left+4+dead+2

You mean like on Steam Market? So the cheapest Items are the first listed and so on? That will be a great update, it helps Sellers and Buyers too. Thanks!

I hope revokers with the cheapest prices will be at the first 3-4 places for each game...

By all respect, I think that you should start some bug fixing instead of bringing us a new system. For example regarding the trades not loading their images or the site loading the first ~2-3 trades only.

Joto, and if two or more traders have same prices in keys which topic will be on the first place?

Joto, and if two or more traders have same prices in keys which topic will be on the first place?

Person who made the trade earlier.

I hope revokers with the cheapest prices will be at the first 3-4 places for each game...

By all respect, I think that you should start some bug fixing instead of bringing us a new system. For example regarding the trades not loading their images or the site loading the first ~2-3 trades only.

Sadly we have no perfect way to deal with 'revokers' no matter how the system is designed. We can only leave the reimbursement and punishment to Valve. But as far as the buyers are concerned, they really need a better interface to spot and buy cheaper priced items.

About the image not loading: Sadly we have no idea why that is happening. I think Cloudflare blocks some of the website access. If you load from "d.dispenser.tf" (direct connect without Cloudflare), you should not have that image loading problem.

Person who made the trade earlier.

Person can just update his older trades with new items and be ahead of everyone? If so than how is it fair to new coming traders, for example? I still think that random rotation between same price trades was better. And another question straight away : if i will create a new trade, with new game, before everyone and will sell all copies but my trade will be permanent...i will just be reuploading game and be 1st result forever untill i cant manage to upload game? This is becoming a bit hardcore lol, slowest people will have no chance and will be hidden at 2nd pages while first places will be just reuploading till they simply cant and that can take lots of time. (Its just doesn't seem right, bumping is a good thing and all major sites for traders has it. Same price trades should be affected by some rotation )
Btw, updating old trades with new items to be higher in result and new created trades becoming last ones is actual right now. That was the reason for me to create this topic. At some point ill see myself and other people having many empty trades in shops just for future games cause deleting anything wont be smart at all.
And just in case ill say this : Same price trades can and will be most cheapest too... its not like you can sell 1 cent cheaper like in steam market.

Wow, this is exciting news indeed. May we know an estimated date when such functionality will appear?

Wow, this is exciting news indeed. May we know an estimated date when such functionality will appear?

It will still take a while I guess. It is going to be a pretty big update. Almost half of the site's interface will be changed, particularly on the part of trade listing and search results.

It will still take a while I guess. It is going to be a pretty big update. Almost half of the site's interface will be changed, particularly on the part of trade listing and search results.

Will we get some notification if this update is done? Or a notification on the site's home page?