Forum/Support Market
Busy icon
Is there anyway this can be fixed for the Search Results? Item Name seems saying Unknown Package (######) but the description is still available. Is there anyway it can take or Replace the Unknown Package title with the description if available? I have it on Pre-order copies of GTA V and Fable Anniversary. I'm really wondering about this issue.
Replies

Could be, if the description is really trustable. But other than copying the description to the name all other item info would be unavailable.

Also there are many gifts that has "Uninitialized" in description, we cannot fix those.

Could be, if the description is really trustable. But other than copying the description to the name all other item info would be unavailable.

Also there are many gifts that has "Uninitialized" in description, we cannot fix those.

Great, I hope it will be implemented.

Yeah of course if the description is also "Uninitialized" then there's no way telling what the package is. But so far description is available for both item except only the name went into Unknown Package which is odd cause it wont appear anyhow on search results since due to the Unknown Package title.

Thanks

Hi,

Can't there be a solution for Uninitialized for Unknown Package?

Unknown Package carry's a SUBID which is known what's inside as per steamdb.info
And also why the Dispenser history knows it's name exactly what it is.

Is it possible to make a small database for Unknown Packages for dispenser to cross reference to recognize them? Well technically you can't add them all since there are many like you said but you don't have to find them all but rather only those that are reported. And you can also verify it by attempting to add it and it will show what the unknown package exactly it is as it will show the name.