Forum/Support Market
Busy icon
i'm not sure if this was already asked or if its possible
could you add an option to bind the current price in btc to the btc/usd conversion ratio?
selling in the old days was easier because i only needed to set the price once, now i would need to change my offer daily according to the latest btc/usd conversion value. additionally i need to worry now about btc price drops, btc is prone to double digit fluctuations

edit: i sell keys so i don't have the option to switch to the key based price system

another question: would the fees apply for starting a trade or only if someone buys something? so everytime i adjust a trade because of btc/usd changes would i need to pay the fee again?
Replies

I am going to add a script to show the real-time USD value when you type in a BTC price, but we are not going to change your order to adjust to a certain price. Maybe we will provide an API for you to write your own script to do so.

The latter question: No, you pay nothing to create your orders so you can adjust them as much as you want.

Joto, why don't you want to have USD pricing now? Is it because you're worried that an exchange price API glitch or flash crash could make the price on Dispenser.tf completely wrong, and execute a lot of orders at the wrong price?

Not pricing in USD is a major problem for some users. I use Dispenser.tf mainly because it saves me time. But if I have to keep adjusting the price every few hours, then it's not saving me time. So the site is less useful for me.

I personally don't care much about this now because I do very little trading these days, but constantly adjusting the prices must be a huge hassle for bulk traders, especially if their profit margin is low.

Item and game prices can fluctuate sometimes, so traders need to pay attention to them already, but the Bitcoin/USD price is much more volatile, it often changes 3%-5% in a day. It did 5% yesterday, for example. For some commodity traders, that's more than their profit margin.

We will try to have BTC orders created on USD price and auto adjust according to BTC price. It will require some extensive testing and no guarantee it would work.

We will try to have BTC orders created on USD price and auto adjust according to BTC price. It will require some extensive testing and no guarantee it would work.

Thanks for answering, glad you're considering it anyway.

Suggestion: Maybe in future you could add an option for each trader, to automatically disable all their bitcoin trades if the BTC/USD price on this site changes by more than N% in an hour. So users can protect themselves better against big price changes, and exchange API bugs (and even bugs in this site). That would make it clearer that users are responsible for deciding their acceptable risk level, instead of blaming you for problems. The user would have to manually re-enable their BTC trades after.

really thanks man, you actually changed it and it didn't even take a week

i think this might benefit the whole community and less frequent users in particular because we can now place orders and let them stand for some time. in the long term this should lessen the current spread on btc items because the dollar is an anchor which doesn't fluctuate for a large group of users and for the rest only marginally