Forum/Support Market
Busy icon
https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1zjqgg/dangers_of_using_blockchaininfo_receive_api_they/

"What's worse is that if a transaction fails because it's unconfirmed for too long, the money is normally available to the sender again and I can ask them nicely to just resend the payment. If this transaction fails because of BlockChain.info's addition, the money won't go back to the sender. It'll stay in the forwarding account.

I've asked their support for assurances that if the additional transaction fee they added fails they would just add the transaction fee again and complete the transaction, but they just keep deleting my support requests. "

The same scenario happened to me 2 days ago and I lost 130 eurs. The same will probably happen in the future to other users too...
They are completely unreliable and their support doesn't worth anything.
Replies

A possible alternative to Blockchain API would be to use Coinkite's forwarding API.

https://coinkite.com/faq/forward

Exactly, please stop using blockchain.info
My transaction of 2 days ago and yesterday didn't forward again.

Guys, I don't know if it would help everyone but someone (presumably Joto) sent an additional little extra btc to my address and it helped forwarding the whole amount.

I did not send BTC to you. And sending some little BTC to 'facilitate' a transaction only matters if you initially includes no fee or the amount is really too small that no miners picks up your transaction.

But it's good to see some deposits are being forwarded. It seems like their forwarding API has lagged again.

I did not send BTC to you. And sending some little BTC to 'facilitate' a transaction only matters if you initially includes no fee or the amount is really too small that no miners picks up your transaction.

But it's good to see some deposits are being forwarded. It seems like their forwarding API has lagged again.

Well it's weird; maybe someone from the support was my guardian angel?

By the way, Joto what do you think happened here then? (It's interesting that the forward wasn't that quick after the small amount arrived)
https://blockchain.info/address/17a4mxFBQYMcCaR8W1QFaeAYjZ42FRFX6Q

________
Or is it possible that the whole "repairing" process was automatic?

Oh, I sent it, seeing that you posted your address publicly here. ^_^

I'm not certain whether it actually helped, as there's a chance it could've recovered on its own too, but I figured it'd be worth a try. (besides we already know that Blockchain.info is a bit of a buggy mess)

But glad you got 'em now. :)

Oh, I sent it, seeing that you posted your address publicly here. ^_^

I'm not certain whether it actually helped, as there's a chance it could've recovered on its own too, but I figured it'd be worth a try. (besides we already know that Blockchain.info is a bit of a buggy mess)

But glad you got 'em now. :
)

Thanks for your kindness :)

Meanwhile, I got an answer from them:

" Kevin (Blockchain)

Hi,

The payment has been forwarded. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best,
Kevin "

So, my conclusion would be:
- It was either triggered by the additional amount (not sure though, as the forwarding happened hours after that)
- Or automatically
- Or based on asking the support they did something

All in all, I think though that the best first turn after having an issue like that would be to write to the support:
- Exactly what your problem is (API forwarding error)
- and cut it short

As this could help drag some attention, and you wouldn't be ignored being thought to be another noob not being able to use the BTC system.