Forum/Support Market
Busy icon
Last time the biggest issue with the withdrawal system was the lack of TF2 keys, but that's all fixed, now there's enough TF2 keys for everyone!

Unfortunately changing the deposit ratio to 1 had one serious consequence, most people aren't willing deposit their cs:go keys on dispenser, which means they can't buy any games without converting their keys to TF2 keys. You can already see this as the lack of buyers on the most popular titles.

Current withdrawal rates for CS:GO are quite fair at the moment, so there aren't any huge disadvantages for sellers to withdraw their credits as CS:GO keys.

The quickest fix would be bring back different deposit rates for CS:GO keys that should certainly increase the amount of sales, and it would also increase the amount of collected fees.
Replies

Yeah, I agree.

Never have expected the price gap between TF2 and CS:GO keys become this huge. If it is within ~0.05 the model works fine. It is better to have buyers convert their keys rather than we do that.

I think think Steam Market prices are not accurately indicative of the actual prices of keys. You should only loosely rely on those.

Essentially, it comes down to this: How much can the site buy CS:GO keys for, and how much can the site sell CS:GO keys for? Ideally you should adjust to a ratio where supply and demand are relatively similar.

You can also implement a specific daily soft cap for deposits, so the first 100 keys of the day get accepted at 1.05, next 100 at 1.04, next 100 at 1.03, etc. even up to 1.0 if needed.

I think you should add links to corresponding market entries in deposit page (with best BUY price in brackets), where user can exchange his key for credit using dispenser market (e.g. services provided by other dispenser users). This would also motivate users to put in more such trades, currently i see only few.

Also fee removal for such trades (selling keys for credit) would help.