Forum/Support Market
Busy icon
ok so i deposited 5 ref worth of credit and bought some hats and stuff and was left with .33 so i went to a pawn shop to buy a rec for .33 everything went fine till i clicked the ready box then the bot spammed in chat "not enough metal/credit on account" or something simalar. so then i bought 2 scrap for .22 and that went fine but there seems to be .11 credit on my acct. that i payed for but bots dont seem to see it there so i deposited 5 ref but i can only use 4.88. please help me because i dont want to lose a scrap. even tho a scrap is little i dont want it to get lost. please contact me on how i can fix this problem
Replies

I am guessing you have bought from a pawn shop. The thing about pawn shop is that the credit being shown is not rounded. Hence when you spend, say, 1.40, the credit that is actually transferred is a little bit more than 1.40. If you have 0.33+ in possession you may actually have a little bit less than 0.333333333333 (which is a rec). Eventually things should balance out. We know it is quite annoying for people who do not trade credit much. But if we do round up or truncate and stuff there could be way to exploit the pawn shop owners and cost them some loss over the long run. We have no better way to implement the credit system than it currently is (which is to keep every number exact in floating point).

I am guessing you have bought from a pawn shop. The thing about pawn shop is that the credit being shown is not rounded. Hence when you spend, say, 1.40, the credit that is actually transferred is a little bit more than 1.40. If you have 0.33+ in possession you may actually have a little bit less than 0.333333333333 (which is a rec). Eventually things should balance out. We know it is quite annoying for people who do not trade credit much. But if we do round up or truncate and stuff there could be way to exploit the pawn shop owners and cost them some loss over the long run. We have no better way to implement the credit system than it currently is (which is to keep every number exact in floating point).

so i am screwed out of a scrap? :(