Forum/Support Market
Busy icon
"All new games purchased as a gift and placed in the purchaser's inventory will be untradable for 30 days. The gift may still be gifted at any time. The only change is to trading.

We've made this change to make trading gifts a better experience for those receiving the gifts. We're hoping this lowers the number of people who trade for a game only to have the game revoked later due to issues with the purchaser's payment method."

Sad day for game traders. :(
Replies

What Sam Cole said is true, i think valve is doing this to have a reason to mass ban everyone.
since you send a lot of gifts they will say you are selling for real money and you get banned.

They ban a lot of people before and didn't need any reason to do this :)
It's just their way to protect themself against people with revoked games, I guess. Now they just can answer "you know what you went for, you'd agree to trade for gift with 30-days restriction" and refuse people to return their keys

They made it seem like they're protecting the traders when actually, it's for themselves. Whatever they do, scammers are going scam people. Scammers are going to chargeback. They have 30 days to buy a lot of gifts. After 30 days they can trade the gifts the normal way, for a much higher price, even. When all their gifts are sold out, of course, they'll do a chargeback. Valve thinks it will stop them. Everyday I get 20-50 invites from phishers/scammers, it's that easy to make a new account. If you look in the market, most people who hoard keys are new/empty accounts. They're more than willing to wait for every account to be able to access the market/store. I mean, what's another 30 days? The way I see it, only honest traders are affected by this change. I guess our luck has just ran out. :/

They made it seem like they're protecting the traders when actually, it's for themselves. Whatever they do, scammers are going scam people. Scammers are going to chargeback. They have 30 days to buy a lot of gifts. After 30 days they can trade the gifts the normal way, for a much higher price, even.

First of all they don't use own cards for purchases. I want to see a dummy that want to scam people that way with own card :)
30 days for owner of the card is more than enough to block the card and return spent money. Banks give 60 days to revoke from stolen card.
This new rule definitely decrease amount of people that will come in support with "I purchased revoked game, return me mah keys!!1" problem. And newcomers can always get an answer that valve will not return their keys/money/whatever, because at current situation receiver of the gift take all responsibility for his actions.

http://www.reddit.com/r/SteamGameSwap/comments/2nh387/psa_easy_way_to_send_steam_gifts_via_gmail/

http://i.imgur.com/4dfDFhM.png

Progress: Bot is already able to accept/send multiple gifts via gift option (working slower than before as each request only could send 1 gift, but requests are sent programmatically so it is still very fast).

Working on: UI adoption, testing various limitation (unable to send multiple same gift to the same email address etc). An open source browser script for sending/receiving gifts.

How are you supposed to bring this middleman service to reality?
I mean it can't be automated as you'd need to have a big access to our accounts.

We do not need access to your account.
The easiest way to achieve this would be onsite purchase actually. If gifts are involved then you would need to use the gift option on your Steam to send the items to the bot.

Progress: Bot is already able to accept/send multiple gifts via gift option (working slower than before as each request only could send 1 gift, but requests are sent programmatically so it is still very fast).

Working on: UI adoption, testing various limitation (unable to send multiple same gift to the same email address etc). An open source browser script for sending/receiving gifts.

I mean it can't be automated as you'd need to have a big access to our accounts.

The easiest way to achieve this would be onsite purchase actually. If gifts are involved then you would need to use the gift option on your Steam to send the items to the bot.

Hopefully you can get this new system up and running for the winter sale. Thanks for the hard work.

Sounds to be a possibly working system. I wonder how you will syncron the script and the site, and if it will be a bannable by valve or they won't care much about them.

Imo you shouldn't do a simple script but a browser emulator like mybot on trade.tf which can access features (like trade offers), as for me it seems to have more features to syncronize sending and accepting.

/edit: however most of us have more accounts to buy it would be good to have a solution where not just 1 account (the shop owner) could have admin acces to the bot, but others too

I didn't notice any change in the 10gift/hour limit in the past days. But after the last update of daily deals it's definately changed. Couldn't purchase gifts since that.
I felt this coming. My gift rate was 10purchases/hour and last few days its been weird, kind a unpredictable. Still havent figured out what exact rules are added.
Anyways - this is not the end of the world. Its end for near-zero profit sales (where trader profits like 0.10eur per resold gift) during sales and therefore end of uber-cheap gifts. Bussiness model for traders will change: gifts will come out month after sale, they wont be as cheap as before but still WAY cheaper than EU/US steam stores.

p.s.
Good luck with auto-middleman implementation, could solve this. I just hope valve wont take measures to kill that too.

I didn't notice any change in the 10gift/hour limit in the past days. But after the last update of daily deals it's definately changed. Couldn't purchase gifts since that.
I felt this coming. My gift rate was 10purchases/hour and last few days its been weird, kind a unpredictable. Still havent figured out what exact rules are added.
Anyways - this is not the end of the world. Its end for near-zero profit sales (where trader profits like 0.10eur per resold gift) during sales and therefore end of uber-cheap gifts. Bussiness model for traders will change: gifts will come out month after sale, they wont be as cheap as before but still WAY cheaper than EU/US steam stores.

p.s.
Good luck with auto-middleman implementation, could solve this. I just hope valve wont take measures to kill that too.

Try changing IP

Sounds to be a possibly working system. I wonder how you will syncron the script and the site, and if it will be a bannable by valve or they won't care much about them.

Imo you shouldn't do a simple script but a browser emulator like mybot on trade.tf which can access features (like trade offers), as for me it seems to have more features to syncronize sending and accepting.

/edit: however most of us have more accounts to buy it would be good to have a solution where not just 1 account (the shop owner) could have admin acces to the bot, but others too

I wanted to suggest the same too. About being able to control a shop with multiple accounts. But I think it will be a lot of work for Joto and Cara, considering they're still trying to figure out how to make this new system work. My other concern is, what if this is really bannable? Hmmm... I will send a ticket to support immediately regarding this matter. Just for clarification. This could be a trap to mass ban every trader. -_-

1 acc, can only accept 1 same gift per day ? What if i have 2 or more ?

I now experience the same... Did you have success since then?

1 acc, can only accept 1 same gift per day ? What if i have 2 or more ?

I think Joto meant that valve does not provide apis/features to send multiple gifts at once. But because process is automated gift sending one by one is still viable option.

AFAIK there is no limits how many gifts of same game user can receive per day. Also does not really matter if user already owns the game (or has it in inventory). When using web ratio button is grayed out for those who own the game, but u can manually un-gray it via developer tools and gift sends no problem. Emails are another story.

This is case for me aprox 36 hours now. Gray market is going down fast :D.

Ok, its not that simple. 36 hours ago yesterday it stopped working in home (bought quite a lot till than). Today at work i was able to buy some gifts. When i came home i was unable to buy, again. So looks like my home IP is on lockdown for 36hours now. Could be just coincidence. What really bugs me that i cant understand rules behind this, so i can't take proper actions...

This is case for me aprox 36 hours now. Gray market is going down fast :D.

Ok, its not that simple. 36 hours ago yesterday it stopped working in home (bought quite a lot till than). Today at work i was able to buy some gifts. When i came home i was unable to buy, again. So looks like my home IP is on lockdown for 36hours now. Could be just coincidence. What really bugs me that i cant understand rules behind this, so i can't take proper actions...

I tried 5 accounts used for buying and I can use 1 of them. Now buying the third lap with it on today's daily deal (only 4 games/purchase allowed).
I'm trying the others too sometimes but they all give errors (the on I'm using atm gave too before, so it's completely unpredictable).
I think though we shouldn't try purchasing too often with the locked accounts as it might makes the time to be extended.

I think the only best possible way to have a stable position now is having multiple accounts, as as far as I experienced, the first 10 purchases go through without a problem and there's no 4 game/purchase limit.

Btw changin IP sometimes seems to help for me, in other cases no.

Do you guys also experience this annoying "An unexpected error has occured, please contact Steam Support" more often lately?

Do you guys also experience this annoying "An unexpected error has occured, please contact Steam Support" more often lately?

That's the thing we're talking about.

Something i noticed with newly created accounts is you always get the unexpected error after buying 10 gifts, like already mentioned earlier the first 10 purchases always go without problem.

The thing that i haven't figured out yet is how long does it take for the purchase lock to be gone, has anyone managed to find?

Something i noticed with newly created accounts is you always get the unexpected error after buying 10 gifts, like already mentioned earlier the first 10 purchases always go without problem.

The thing that i haven't figured out yet is how long does it take for the purchase lock to be gone, has anyone managed to find?

4 months : -)

Until that, 10 purchase/week

That "Accept Game Gifts" button. <3 :)

joto is love, joto is life!

Cara too eh

joto is love, joto is life!

Cara too eh

Dethrone Lord Gaben! JOTO and CARA are the new Kings! ♥