Forum/Support Market
Busy icon
"All new games purchased as a gift and placed in the purchaser's inventory will be untradable for 30 days. The gift may still be gifted at any time. The only change is to trading.

We've made this change to make trading gifts a better experience for those receiving the gifts. We're hoping this lowers the number of people who trade for a game only to have the game revoked later due to issues with the purchaser's payment method."

Sad day for game traders. :(
Replies

GG. Dispenser sales gonna plummet

oh shit boy :( whats next dispenser? gl,hope this community get the solution

We are looking for workarounds. :)

In fact I believe this is a great chance for us to reach more traders as everyone needs a middleman for gift trading now.

In fact I believe this is a great chance for us to reach more traders as everyone needs a middleman for gift trading now.

Just what I needed to hear. Thank you Joto! I hope whatever it is that you come up with will work out. :)

I felt this coming. My gift rate was 10purchases/hour and last few days its been weird, kind a unpredictable. Still havent figured out what exact rules are added.
Anyways - this is not the end of the world. Its end for near-zero profit sales (where trader profits like 0.10eur per resold gift) during sales and therefore end of uber-cheap gifts. Bussiness model for traders will change: gifts will come out month after sale, they wont be as cheap as before but still WAY cheaper than EU/US steam stores.

p.s.
Good luck with auto-middleman implementation, could solve this. I just hope valve wont take measures to kill that too.

Always one step over :) wp joto :D

There are other ways which can be used on dispenser to sell using Gifting options ...

How are you supposed to bring this middleman service to reality?
I mean it can't be automated as you'd need to have a big access to our accounts.

I mean it can't be automated as you'd need to have a big access to our accounts.

We can gift our games to our bots. All Joto and Cara need to do is to figure out how to then gift the game to buyers. One way is to send gift via email (doesn't matter which), then take the gift link found in the email and adding it to a string vector/stack w/e, and popping em out 1 by 1 for each purchase.

It's not a big problem, just need to create settings' page for every user of dispenser, where they can specify e-mail. System register receiving of keys and send gift out of bot's inventory to specified e-mail.
Only problem that now no guarantees from Valve side. Buyers take all risks - that is something that really can destroy trades if there will be a lot of problems with revoked gifts

We can gift our games to our bots. All Joto and Cara need to do is to figure out how to then gift the game to buyers. One way is to send gift via email (doesn't matter which), then take the gift link found in the email and adding it to a string vector/stack w/e, and popping em out 1 by 1 for each purchase.

Yes this or sending the games as gift to the bot which then chooses to store them in the inventory.
But it needs an automatition as it takes too long time per each gift.

It's not a big problem, just need to create settings' page for every user of dispenser, where they can specify e-mail. System register receiving of keys and send gift out of bot's inventory to specified e-mail.
Only problem that now no guarantees from Valve side. Buyers take all risks - that is something that really can destroy trades if there will be a lot of problems with revoked gifts

It's not a problem for single gift buyers.. but for bulk buyers, you can't send multiple copies of the same game to one email address. And I've also read somewhere (probably from reddit), Steam bans users for excessive gifting. This will result to a mass ban.. again. *sigh* I'm sure Steam Support can sleep well tonight knowing game traders are not their problem anymore. I'm imagining them closing shit tons of tickets and be like http://www.gifwave.com/media/85048/laughing-cartoons-comics-the-little-mermaid-little-mermaid-ursula.gif. All this thinking is giving me a headache. :3

What Sam Cole said is true, i think valve is doing this to have a reason to mass ban everyone.
since you send a lot of gifts they will say you are selling for real money and you get banned.

What Sam Cole said is true, i think valve is doing this to have a reason to mass ban everyone.
since you send a lot of gifts they will say you are selling for real money and you get banned.

They ban a lot of people before and didn't need any reason to do this :)
It's just their way to protect themself against people with revoked games, I guess. Now they just can answer "you know what you went for, you'd agree to trade for gift with 30-days restriction" and refuse people to return their keys

It's not a problem for single gift buyers.. but for bulk buyers, you can't send multiple copies of the same game to one email address. And I've also read somewhere (probably from reddit), Steam bans users for excessive gifting. This will result to a mass ban.. again.

Why to make such a complicated moves, while there is always a simple solution - just add new rule in TOS. Something like "you'll receive permanent ban if you will trade huge amount of games away of your region". In my opinion this is the easiest way to kill trades.