Forum/Support Market
Busy icon
I assume most of the hsp'ers know who the heck I am, so I will keep it clean and classy. So just a moment ago, I was chatting with Cl, talking about random stuffs and come to map rotations, discussing whether cp_freight should be remove from the map rotation. After some (not so) trash talks, we come up with these reasons why it should be removed.

1. It's not a map built for pub servers, other than 6v6 and 9v9 highlanders, it is too tightly packed for 18 players onward.

2. The result of the map except the first round , which is always stalemate. Remember the last point? I bet you do. The route to the last point is too defensive friendly, as the defending team always have height advantage and is often looked by 2+ sentries, stickies and rockets. Then after 9 mins and 59 secs of spamfest, bam sudden death.

3. Did I said map geography? Especially the lobbies lead to the 4th point and the final. The problem is, the ramp leading to the fourth point really gives the attackers a height advantage, but the truth is the ceiling blocks out the vision of the tunnel and the defenders neither dare to come out.
The worst has to be the routes to the final point, I mean the gate is defending friendly, making it not even possible to breakthrough with ubers, almost every uber is a suicidal rush. Not to mention that the slope gives the defenders height advantage making it even more camper/defender friendly.

Well, that's enough to say it's a waste on 12v12 matches. But don't get me wrong, the map itself is a beauty, but not in a pubs.
p.s. Ninja'd
Replies

Also steel has the same problem.

I want you guys to discuss, SPUF style, thanks all

hey teammate :)

Steel is only a problem because new players have difficulty navigating the rather complex map.

In my opinion though, its well designed for all the classes (open spaces, corridors, flanking routes) and allows for multiple ways to win.

And thats exactly why its hated. Its not straight forward enough like most linear CP maps.

The main problem is, IMO most of the Steel matches are either one team getting steamrolled or not able to get out of the spawn, I mean not even capping A man. Indeed even me, as an experienced player still have some difficulty navigating the map (which I have played tons of times). Again, it's a beauty, but not a map for beginners, right? Some maps are definitely underplayed, e.g. Egypt and Coldfront. Steel has yet become the new Dustbowl, where almost constant spamming = win.

The main problem is, IMO most of the Steel matches are either one team getting steamrolled or not able to get out of the spawn, I mean not even capping A man. Indeed even me, as an experienced player still have some difficulty navigating the map (which I have played tons of times). Again, it's a beauty, but not a map for beginners, right? Some maps are definitely underplayed, e.g. Egypt and Coldfront. Steel has yet become the new Dustbowl, where almost constant spamming = win.

steel is annoying. its one of the maps i rarely play, so sometimes i get lost. especially when i'm on red and i hate how the spawns keep changing and gates open and close. it is a fun map however, but it is hard for new players.

The !like !dislike poll shows cp_frieght is not popular and that's removed.

The poll result shows cp_steel isn't very hated, will let it stay longer to see the player reception of the map, after a few months since free to play.

The !like !dislike poll shows cp_frieght is not popular and that's removed.

The poll result shows cp_steel isn't very hated, will let it stay longer to see the player reception of the map, after a few months since free to play.

nooo i love cp_freight... its cp_dustbowl which is the worst!

freight is ok. Steel is sort of underplayed around Australia because the map.. takes very long time to play and is not that easy. It is still great fun with communications.

Most of the problems associated from steel and freight result from passive gameplay style of HK pubs. If pub players would organize a tiny little bit (instead of shouting STFU in the mic user's face) and play more aggressively both would be fun maps.

Cl, that's exacty the problem, if they don't even organize or communicate, do you even expect them to VOTE? People are just too lazy to type rtv, so how much people do you expect to type something that don't even affect the gameplay? I have only seen like less than 3 people using the "!like" and "!dislike" system. I think we should have a vote on the last map played after the map changed, then we would have sufficient amount of data to decide if a map should be retained or removed. Of course, these are just my humble opinions, the rest left to you guys to decide.