Forum/Support Market
Busy icon
I went to a trader, and when I clicked to go to the trade inventory. I confirmed it, but I didn't click accept.
I noticed a red ! and went over it. Turns out the game I was going to obtain, Max Payne 3 isn't available to be redeemed in the USA.
I realized that I can't get the game so I clicked off of the page.
SOMEHOW, I go to my inventory and with out accepting the trade it took my 3 keys and gave me this useless game.
This has happened TWICE now, before it was with Family Guy DLC when I thought it was the game which lost me a key for a game I don't even own. PLEASE fix this. 10$ so far wasted.
If there is a way to do a trade back or a refund please let me know, because this is a bit ridiculous.
Replies

Or will someone tell me how to make a shop and put the game on it?
Max Payne 3 Complete edition. I will even trade it for 2 keys. I just don't want to be out money again this is horrible =.=

Sorry to hear about your situation. You are speaking about standard steam tradeoffer, yes, not in-site purchase? I assume you are [speaking about standard tradeoffer].

All that dispenser does is sends a tradeoffer. All that happens after is done by valves software. So if you clicked confirm checkbox but didnt clicked final big accept button, and somehow magically trade went through (i somehow dont believe this, but lets assume that was the case), thats a bug in steam itself, not dispenser. Dispenser cant confirm trade for you, it just creates it and waits for your final decisions or cancels it because of timeout.
Small note - when tradeoffer is sent, dispenser shows dialog box with confirm and cancel buttons. To be frank i dont know why that box is shown, because it does nothing, no matter which choice you click on.
When you are doing trade here, or trade with anyone, you should check all items involved carefully. Trades are final and thats it. Its your responsibility to control what are you are accepting.

BUT there might be solution for you. Because gift is not redeemed, look up bots owner, kindly explain the situation and i am quite sure he will give you your keys back if you return the gift untouched. If i understand correctly, its still in your inv unredeemed, so its easy to do that.

I didn't click accept at all, I clicked off the entire page and when I went to pick another game it wouldn't let me which led to me checking my inventory and realizing it did go through.
The FG DLC I did accept, I just didn't know it was DLC because the labeling was limited in the screen I was given only giving the title not the DLC at the end of it.
Is there a way to look at your trade history? I don't even know which shop specifically I got it from.

Okay I found my Trade History.
It says it came from Dispenser 97 (VIP)
However I don't know how to find his page on here, it only allows me to search products.
Also, when I go to his page it only allows me to add him as a friend not message or comment to him.

The person who sold you Max Payne 3 (CIS): http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198032720111

P.S. Steam support would be very interested to know about how you can get a trade to go through without clicking accept. You should write a Steam support ticket to explain the issue and ask them to fix the bug.

The person who sold you Max Payne 3 (CIS): http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198032720111

P.S. Steam support would be very interested to know about how you can get a trade to go through without clicking accept. You should write a Steam support ticket to explain the issue and ask them to fix the bug.

Thank you.
I will, in my trade history it even says I never accepted it. Yet every single other trade it shows that I did.

Thank you again! He has refunded and replied quickly. Great community, and I will do the steam ticket.
I am glad to hear it doesn't happen often, because it is a weird glitch. It even shows in my trade offers I never accepted it while every other trade has accepted on it.

Thank you again! He has refunded and replied quickly. Great community, and I will do the steam ticket.
I am glad to hear it doesn't happen often, because it is a weird glitch. It even shows in my trade offers I never accepted it while every other trade has accepted on it.

Yes it's weird indeed. I have never seen what you have described myself, but if it really happened it could be a really serious problem for Steam.

I have to restate though that this is not a Dispenser.tf problem and your original post makes it sound like one. I do not blame you but I hope everyone reading this post would understand.