Forum/Support Market
Busy icon
In August 2011, Minecraft Creator Notch being sued by Bethesda softworks (Creator of The Elder Scrolls series), because Notch filed trademarks for both Minecraft and his next planned gaming project to be called “Scrolls” at 6 month before. Bethesda's attorneys are seeking to stop him from using "Scrolls" for the title of his next upcoming game, stating it infringes on their existing trademark for "The Elder Scrolls" games. In October 2011, Notch wins the lawsuit.

In this lawsuit, the exchange appears on their developing rpg game, Minecraft and Elder Scolls: Skyrim.

Notch added Enchanting system in Minecraft. The functions of enchantment are too similar of skyrim, also used to increase the power of items.
Moreover, added some symbols call “Galactic Alphabet”. The meaning like “Dragon Language”
In the Skyrim, Bethesda created a pickaxe called “Notched Pickaxe” (Pickaxe is the most common tool in Minecraft), contain smithing strengthen and shock damages.
Additional info of those games:

The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim
Single player, live in the official own world, high graphics quality, some tools can made by your own, you can only communicate with NPC in the game.
Minecraft
Multi-player, live in the player own world, low graphics quality, all tools must made by your own, only can communicate with players.
Notes:
My English isn’t good but I would like to share this overseas =D
So you can make a complement if I have any grammatical errors (I believe I have many), thanks.
Replies

Pickaxe is Skyrim basically serve no purpose other than being a promotional item.

There are too few ore veins in Skyrim, and most ore veins are of cheap ore. But there is excessive money income in Skyrim and ingots are readily available, harvesting ore veins is pointless.

The thing that I really love Minecraft is that the world is randomly generated and can be freely manipulated by anyone in the world. Oh, and redstone. And pistons.

But the problem of Minecraft is the coding quality is horrible...

If the server software isn't that slow we would have hosted a server for it, but it is really bad and pulled the primary server machine to hunger for CPU and memory...