Forum/Support Market
Busy icon
We are pleased to release our new addition to Dispenser.tf - Market.

Here is a short FAQ about the new site, hopefully it will answer most commonly asked questions.

1. What is the difference between Dispenser.tf market and the Steam's community market?

Here is a few:

a. Our base credit is "Key" and "Bitcoin".
b. We feature trading between Bitcoin, Steam gifts (including untradable ones) and key interchanging.
c. Our fee is much lower than Steam market's, which should result in lowered item price.
d. We do not have the design flaw that the final exchange price only follows the user's input price, but ignoring if there are better price orders on the book.

2. Why make a market system at all?

We have been criticized for being too buyer unfriendly for having a poor search system and a somewhat complicated interface. The old system could not be further improved due to technical difficulties. For example, we could sort items by price as we did not have a common currency. We hope a market system can solve many of these problems and at the same time adds useful features. Also, there is a need to change the business model so that the website is actually self-sustainable and rewarding for increasing the amount of users. In our old model, more people using the website gives us no real benefit but paying more for the maintenance.

3. What will happen to the old system?

The old system will be kept for now. If you prefer the old style, you still can create those 'tradition trades'. However, we will no longer list these trades under the main page and search also won't support it. As a seller, that means you will have to send out your trade links directly to your buyers. The old system won't be developed much anymore. It's only kept to waive fee for sellers who have their own customers base and do not rely on the site to get exposure.

4. What is the new fee system?

We will be charging fee to support the long-term development of the site. It is a progressive structure that the fee percent is based on the volume traded in 30 days.

June is going to be the public beta testing period. We will not be taking any fees until July 13 BTC issue is resolved. But the trade volume you have made in this period will still be counted, which means your fee could be as low as 0.25% once we start taking fee.

5. Are there any other updates to the site?

In addition to the market, we have made two very important updates to fix certain important problems.

a. CS:GO trading no longer uses Valve's abandoned API. There should be no longer any downtime for CS:GO trading and at the same time we have added skin, exteriors and various item info to all CS:GO items.

b. Gem, trading cards and other community items now will be distributed via centralized bots, to bypass a limitation added by Valve recently that disabled limited accounts (including our bots) for trading these items. You may now notice trade offers coming from non-shop bots when you exchange these items.

c. Lots of bug fixes and an interface change, mainly to adapt to the market system.

6. So, how should I get started?

As a buyer, the only real change about purchasing item is that there is one more step involved: depositing keys for credit. After you have convert your keys to credit, you will search and buy your items just like how you used to, in a slightly different interface. But if you have experience in the Steam market or other similar markets, our market should not be difficult to use at all. It is like Steam market with keys and Bitcoin as currency. Please read the FAQ if you need some help.

As a seller, making orders may be more troublesome than before if you have many different types of items, due to the limitation that you can only update one market at a time. But now you have more options for your trades, for example selling a gift for 6.05 keys, or re-selling gifts by putting ask and bid orders in the same market etc. We will continue to improve the interface so that handling a lot of gifts could be easier. Before creating orders, please make sure you are in the correct market (key/BTC). Please also remember the price is in TF2 keys.

NOTE: If you have Steam community items prior to the update, please re-deposit them all. We need to re-index these items.
Replies

fee? this is not about fee, there is no transaction here Im talking about credit page values about depositing or withdrawing keys.

Deposit csgo keys = lose credit on each key

Even the deposit rate of CS:GO key is not high people are still depositing CS:GO keys to exchange TF2 keys, your conclusion?

My conclusion is that is better to withdraw tf2 than csgo, because if you want to deposit later you lose 0.02 of credit, is not too high but in a big amount of keys is something you notice.

fee? this is not about fee, there is no transaction here Im talking about credit page values about depositing or withdrawing keys.

Even the deposit rate of CS:GO key is not high people are still depositing CS:GO keys to exchange TF2 keys, your conclusion?

My conclusion is that is better to withdraw tf2 than csgo, because if you want to deposit later you lose 0.02 of credit, is not too high but in a big amount of keys is something you notice.

Then don't deposit keys you won't use for Purchasing on Dispenser it's simple as that. Other thing is that not everybody wants to withdraw TF2 Keys Only and Joto gets a little profit too from 0.02 credit if he gets it of course so it's all good. The Credit System is good now and the implementation of CS:GO Keys it's nice to have. So stop complaining about little stuff like this because you seem to don't like it.

Then don't bank your CS:GO keys here or use it as an exchange service, it's just that simple.

Did you implemented fees?
"Received from transaction 8877. 2015-07-17 23:38 7.0000 "
Received 7 keys, but available balance shows as 6.9650

Did you implemented fees?
"Received from transaction 8877. 2015-07-17 23:38 7.0000 "
Received 7 keys, but available balance shows as 6.9650

The fee was not supposed to be enabled. Unfortunately I was testing the fee system and enabled it here accidentally, so there was fee for like half an hour.

I will return the fee for trades that happens in this short period.

I hope you will add the ability to switch the presented view from USD to BTC.

It is serious thing. Not all people considers USD as they priority currency. I assume you count Europeans as your users too, please respect them too by at least allowing to switch to bitcoin instead of questionable conversation rates. USD is not only currency out there, besides, Bitcoin users should also be aware of rates before trading with bitcoin. I don't see why it is required to generalise here. Value floats and users should be able to see how much BTC item is asked for.

+1

+2

Okay. It will be added back.

Your solution does not satisfy what I was writing. BTC value for item bounces and you tie it with USD, showing how much BTC it is worth does not solve this issue. I meant to have a choice to use STATIC BTC values that is not tied with any currency. Using USD as a marigin is wrong in my opinion, because it's value is fictional and virtual currency has no real backing to generalize it with any real value. Users using this currency should also be well aware on how (if) they will convert BTC to real money, any number here has no guarantee of that price whatsoever.

Your solution does not satisfy what I was writing. BTC value for item bounces and you tie it with USD, showing how much BTC it is worth does not solve this issue. I meant to have a choice to use STATIC BTC values that is not tied with any currency. Using USD as a marigin is wrong in my opinion, because it's value is fictional and virtual currency has no real backing to generalize it with any real value. Users using this currency should also be well aware on how (if) they will convert BTC to real money, any number here has no guarantee of that price whatsoever.

I understand what you mean, the BTC market will be added back.

The Untradable Gift sending problem situation ( where the bot needs to add the buyer to friends list so it can send the gift(s) ? ) only happens specific to Untradable Gifts or Tradable too?

The Untradable Gift sending problem situation ( where the bot needs to add the buyer to friends list so it can send the gift(s) ? ) only happens specific to Untradable Gifts or Tradable too?

Untradable only.

The fee was not supposed to be enabled. Unfortunately I was testing the fee system and enabled it here accidentally, so there was fee for like half an hour.

This situation again. Should be 11 credits, but only 10.9520 available.
Edited. I see you implemented fees.

I have some cancelled order because "Buyer out of balance",
I it is fine, may be they are trying to use the new trading system,
But it will put my ASK order off the trading board and I need to re-create the ASK order again,
This is a frustrating problem, please check and fix it if available,

Thanks!

Can you add tabs in the search results ? All | Key Credit | Bitcoin , All could be default.

and

I can't see this in the search results of Rise of Nations: Extended Edition.

https://dispenser.tf/market/15102/

http://i.imgur.com/iRFg8Ep.jpg

Can you fix it ?

joto can u add csgo key stock to credit page?

i mean stock in bots

example

phoenix keys : 60
huntsman keys : 20

etc.

Hello Joto

I talked to MatthausGames today and this is what he say:

http://i.imgur.com/YlYORBz.png?1
http://i.imgur.com/YlkA4mt.png?1

He is on my friends list and im trying to persuade him to add you so you can work something out. If you think i can help you in anyway to resolve this unfortunate situation feel free to add me.

Best of luck

Hello Joto

I talked to MatthausGames today and this is what he say:

http://i.imgur.com/YlYORBz.png?1
http://i.imgur.com/YlkA4mt.png?1

He is on my friends list and im trying to persuade him to add you so you can work something out. If you think i can help you in anyway to resolve this unfortunate situation feel free to add me.

Best of luck

Thanks Sejk. As of now I have received no friend request from him. Also looking at his chat he is just full of shit. There is no way he did not know me as he wrote on my profile and asked for help (although he had already removed the comment). He just makes himself look like trash who would jump on every opportunity to steal. I highly doubt he has the incentive to work out a solution. Anyway, please tell him that I will give him one last 24 hour chance to talk to me before I start my own action here.