Forum/Support Market
Busy icon
Hello everyone,

I have watched a couple of videos on youtube about competitive highlander and 6v6 and I found it fairly interesting. I may not have much competitive experience but I really want to join a team to train my skills. I don't really have any preference on classes. I play every class in public servers. Is there any teams currently available for me to join? If yes, please tell me so. I am a f2p unfortunately so please feel free to add me because I cant add anyone.

My steam page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/higoon

Thank you.
Replies

spend 50 hrs on a class u wish to focus on be4 stepping into comp tf2. HK has too much nub who cant even aim for shit but forming some so-called comp teams. Get raped in AFL pug or by some HK/TW veteran puggers to understand the difference. Doing decent in 9v9 and u could be shit in 6v6, and 6v6 is always the mainstream of comp tf2.

If u only want to enjoy teamwork and relax in a game, try get in a 9v9 clan; if u want some ppl call u "pro"(so-called?) in a GAME, and u can spend most of yr time for a game, try practice aiming and join some 6v6 pug to gain experience be4 u ask for join a 6v6-oriental clan. =]

Well, starting a wannabe competitive team without much experience won't get you far. AF shouldn't be your first place to pug if you use unlocks a lot since they ban most of the unlocks. Try to find some newbies-friendly pug instead, if you can't find any then we can try to organize one.

You need to watch a lot of demos (invite level TF2, and your own demo in scrims) before you play if you are playing competitive TF2 because it requires a lot of pre-reading and preparations before you even play your first game. Once you are committed it will be very harsh or you until you get a hold of it. Pugs cannot train teamwork so you need to seek someone to form a team of 6 / 9 and find other teams to scrim regularly.

Thank you guys. I have already watch a couple of demos already and I want to try some newbies-friendly pugs like Gin said. But I am a f2p and don't really have any friends currently so I cant possibly join a pug or a clan. Can you guys add me? I think I have posted my steam link above. And for the 9v9 clans u7 was talking about, can I join that clan just to gain more competitive experience? Again Thank all of you for giving me advice on competitive tf2 gaming :) Looking forward to see you guys in the future.