Forum/Support Market
Busy icon
I've read a recent post from you guys that you "had a cut in server resource", but if there's enough 'room' left then maybe change one of the 24 player servers or the others to a 32 one like last time? I'll totally understand if this isn't implemented
Replies

As far as I know the reason we don't have a 32er server is to make sure quick matchmaking system will prioritize our servers in HK / Asia. 32 players servers are not in the priority list. Thus we are not hosting them.

But if you mean just so that more players will join, then I can really guarantee that people will definitely join since almost most players use the server browser. Another being that the other 32 player server have regular cheaters that thrive from having no admins there

If the server is empty in the server browser nobody is going to join. Without the quickjoiners it is impossible to start a game. From the gametracker info, our servers have a much steadier player number throughout a day than 32er servers. So we keep it that way.

Don't think that is a good reason at all. Players that quick-join only to find they're alone will leave anyway. Just look at the other HK 32 players server, they're full most of the day while the 24 ones here are always empty early in the day. Just a suggestion still

Your choice of map heavily influences the popularity of 32 man servers.

Also, from my experience, the gameplay is very clusterfudge and tends to be overcrowded on 32 mans, especially dustbowl/2fort/gravelpit.

5CP maps always end in stalemate, A/D maps usually end up with a Sentry Shutdown on the defenders team. The outlook is not fun.

Please no 32 player servers. Those are such clusterf*cks.

32 players server game play is crap. I do understand why you want it but I think there are already enough communities for it.

Both newbies and oldbies expressed their concerns when there was still one 32 players server, and that server was left empty in most of the time, there are days that the 32 players server never got occupied because there are numerous such servers in US and GamersUnited.

We made a balanced choice to replace the 32 players server with a 24 players one with 10 seconds respawn time for both teams.

32 players server is not quite possible, especially when there are no more resources I can waste right now.