Forum/Support Market
Busy icon
I deposited 20 Winter Offensive keys (21.2 Credit) and 15 Mann Co Supply Crate keys (15 Credit) then withdrew 34 Operation Breakout Case Keys (36.72 keys). After about an hour the keys were removed from my inventory.

Please let me know what you need from me to provide as evidence to figure out what happened to the keys.
Replies

I do not quite understand the problem you are having. The keys are supposed to send to you via Steam rather than through your shop inventory.

The Operation Breakout Keys were sent to me from Dispenser.tf Vault 02, 06, and 01 via trade. I accepted the keys at 8:06pm (PDT). After about an hour the keys are no longer in my inventory (I did not trade them away or sell them to market)

The Operation Breakout Keys were sent to me from Dispenser.tf Vault 02, 06, and 01 via trade. I accepted the keys at 8:06pm (PDT). After about an hour the keys are no longer in my inventory (I did not trade them away or sell them to market)

Yes, but my question is why there should be keys in your inventory. You deposit the keys as credit and withdraw the credit in other keys, so basically a key swap, right? Or you are reporting two different issues that are not directly related to your key withdrawal?

Yes, but my question is why there should be keys in your inventory. You deposit the keys as credit and withdraw the credit in other keys, so basically a key swap, right? Or you are reporting two different issues that are not directly related to your key withdrawal?

Yes it is a key swap. What I am reporting is the Breakout Keys have completely dissapeared from my Steam inventory. There is a record in my trade history of them going into my account from the three bots, but there is no record of them leaving my account or in marketplace of them being sold. They are just gone. Does this mean the keys were bought illegally and Steam reversed the trades?

I am totally willing to open a screenshare session with you to show my history. It is just confounding this can happen

Yes it is a key swap. What I am reporting is the Breakout Keys have completely dissapeared from my Steam inventory. There is a record in my trade history of them going into my account from the three bots, but there is no record of them leaving my account or in marketplace of them being sold. They are just gone. Does this mean the keys were bought illegally and Steam reversed the trades?

Probably Steam support could better help you in this issue. The chance that Steam deleted those keys are low. More like for some reason your Steam inventory is not updated.

Probably Steam support could better help you in this issue. The chance that Steam deleted those keys are low. More like for some reason your Steam inventory is not updated.

Could you please help me confirm, since you are an admin I would just like someone else to see so I know I am not going crazy. I have added you on Steam.

Could you please help me confirm, since you are an admin I would just like someone else to see so I know I am not going crazy. I have added you on Steam.

I can confirm vaults have sent keys to you. The best prove you can show Steam is your own Steam inventory history in which show that you have received keys at a certain time but they have not been added to your Steam inventory. They should understand there is something wrong about it.

OK, you were right it was a Steam bug. As soon as I opened a trade with another user it reverted my inventory to the correct state.

It was very very strange because I was seeing my inventory as it appeared yesterday night July 30 around 9:00pm.

Very strange bug. Sorry for the false alarm.

Edit: Thank you for addressing my issue.