Forum/Support Market
Busy icon
I search for the game with the "Do not show region restricted Steam gifts", and brougth the cheapest copy for 1.2k

When i try to add to library, i receive a error message about region lock-.-

https://dispenser.tf/market/11730/#market_transactions
Replies

Can you sort it out with the seller? Where is the gift now? Is the gift marked as restricted in your Steam inventory?

Gift is in my inventory, is not marked as a region lock and i will try to talk with seller now

Gift is in my inventory, is not marked as a region lock and i will try to talk with seller now

If it is not marked as region lock, then it is normal for our system to decide that it is not. Maybe you can contact Steam support to know why the gift is region locked but not marked.

Seller buy the game, paying 2 times the fees.

This is a problem with a few specific games that came out the week or two before they fully restricted 4-pack gifts bought from another region. It affects Medieval Engineers and two lesser known games however I haven't really seen many copies of those. These games do not show up with any tag. There was also issues with other games such as F1 2013 which were not region locked for a few months and then afterwards became retro-locked with no tags for a full year.