Forum/Support Market
Busy icon
Are you aware of the events taking place on the bitcoin blockchain on august first? There is going to be a user activated hard fork, so anybody holding Bitcoin on August the first will receive the same amount of Bitcoin Cash tokens on the second chain.
bitcoin usage as such probably wont be affected, but it would be nice if users could get the Bitcoin cash tokens for their bitcoins stored here. If not, please approve my withdrawel request in time for the fractions of bitcoin to be transferred to my aown account so I can claim my bitcoin cash token on august the first
Replies

We cannot handle as the BTC is stored in an online wallet service (greenaddress.it). If I have not understood wrong their announcement they will not give users their BCC. So withdrawing BTC from here before August 1 would be for the best.

thanks for the reply:) i dunno how many bitcoins you have there but considering 1 BCC was trading for 500$ when i last checked if u have 100 BTC stored there it would add up to quite a bit, so might be worth into temporarily withdrawing at least a part of them into any service which will hand out the BCC or a wallet where you have control of the private keys:) i already requested wihdrawel yesterday :p

thanks for the reply:) i dunno how many bitcoins you have there but considering 1 BCC was trading for 500$ when i last checked if u have 100 BTC stored there it would add up to quite a bit, so might be worth into temporarily withdrawing at least a part of them into any service which will hand out the BCC or a wallet where you have control of the private keys:) i already requested wihdrawel yesterday :p

Well we do not have nearly as much after the hack last year. But I will try to claim it. Thanks for the suggestion. :)

i had a quick look at the wallet service you are using and as far as i understand you could simply generate the private key(s) from you mnemonic; lemme know if you need any advice. once you got the BCC you prolly wanna sell them on hitbtc as fast as possible, since they only require 2 confirmations while other trading platforms still require 20 or havent even opened their wallets yet.