Forum/Support Market
Busy icon
Hi Joto,

all my market/traditional trades were canceled and all gifts are gone from my bot inventory interface.

I lost count how many times this has happened already, these are just some of the recent examples:
https://dispenser.tf/forum/view/25349/
https://dispenser.tf/forum/view/25470/
https://dispenser.tf/forum/view/25399/ (Here i even commented and asked you if this can be prevented, but you never addressed it)

You wrote here, that the responsible script is fixed, but apparently it's still not enough:
https://dispenser.tf/forum/view/25470/

There is something seriously wrong with that script if it's acting this destructive.

Please restore access to my gifts in my bot interface and restore my market/traditional trades. (Had like 200+ market orders and 60+ traditional trades, probably around 500+ gifts were involved in those trades)

Thanks.
Replies

I am sorry this happens again. I have already removed the function for auto-deleting dead entries, so I am not sure why this is still happening. Maybe there are still some old / cross functions that do similar things.

I could not fix the trades as the items are only deleted because their Steam item ID had changed and the logs won't be able to link between the "old" and "new" inventory. I am sorry for your inconvenience.

Thanks a lot for restoring the access to my gifts, it's unfortunate for the loss of trades, but it is what it is.

I think i have seen at least 2 other traders that probably lost all their trades as well, they just haven't noticed it.

In any case, i hope you can find out the reason for this happening asap or at least minimize the impact, because it will keep reoccuring.

If it helps troubleshooting, i sent a gift yesterday (01/05) 19:48 UTC to my bot and everything appeared fine. Just a 20 minutes later (20:15 UTC) there is a failed market order in my Order History tab log with message "Canceled (Inventory error)" and that's probably a time around when this issue occured, it was 20 minutes window.

I hope you don't mind me following up on this, cause i would like to see this issue solved permanently, maybe we can get at the bottom of it.

What do you mean exactly with "Steam item ID" and that it had changed? Do you mean the real steam item id (assetid) or you mean some internal dispenser id for each item? (I'm talking here specifically about gifts)

If you mean assetid, then i can assure you, that assetid hasn't changed at all for any of the gifts that were affected.

I have literally no idea what is causing this problem. I know it has been going on for a while, but I still have no clue because the auto-detect dead item function is already completely removed.

I have literally no idea what is causing this problem. I know it has been going on for a while, but I still have no clue because the auto-detect dead item function is already completely removed.

Yes, but you wrote "Steam item ID had changed". What ID do you mean (assetid?) and how did you come to conclusion, that it has changed?

Yes, but you wrote "Steam item ID had changed". What ID do you mean (assetid?) and how did you come to conclusion, that it has changed?

I did not check but the function only delete inventory if the assetid has changed. So I assumed it changed. If it is not the case then it is even more difficult to understand what's going on.

Assetid only changes if the item leaves an inventory, upon arrival into new inventory the item will get new assetid.. In this particular case, i can assure you, that item asset ids never changed. On 31th december i had pulled my bot inventory content as json and had it saved on my pc.
After this problem occured and you said that steam ids have changed, i pulled the json again and compared them, the asset ids are identical for almost all items.

My speculation would be, if you say, that the ids have changed in dispenser db, that maybe some process/action is overwritting them and assigning wrong data.

Anyways, thanks for your work and hopefully you will be able to figure it out at some point.