Forum/Support Market
Busy icon
Is there a feature in the making to convert between the two cryptos on the site, without needing to buy something with one currency and then sell it in the other? I understand why you can't have a dollar in both currencies on two merged markets. That would cause huge headaches with people getting ETH when they wanted BTC or vice versa. I have some BTC on the site, but I would prefer ETH.
The withdraw time is just to slow to shapeshift the currencies ourselves. If converting on site is not possible, could a feature be added where you supply an ETH address to a BTC withdrawal or vice versa. When the admin releases the funds he could shapeshift it for you. This prevents paying for two transactions when one would suffice.
Replies

We cannot convert. The fundamental problem is that we cannot effectively send out BTC from our wallet because we cannot clear the dust for 6 months since the fee started to rise.

ETH is just a stopgap measure before we can do anything to "save" our BTC wallet. Withdraw BTC when fee is low while "new" money deposited as ETH is what we hope to see.

We cannot convert. The fundamental problem is that we cannot effectively send out BTC from our wallet because we cannot clear the dust for 6 months since the fee started to rise.

ETH is just a stopgap measure before we can do anything to "save" our BTC wallet. Withdraw BTC when fee is low while "new" money deposited as ETH is what we hope to see.

Hmmm I see. Withdrawing BTC is quite the trouble indeed. I can assume that there are many people with BTC balances smaller than 0.01 BTC. Those people are kinda trapped.
They either have to pay a BTC fee that consumes a lot of their credit. Or they convert that credit into items and withdraw those. This drives prices down. This effect is easily observed in the key to BTC market.

I don't know if it would be possible in the way you implemented the credit system, but can we have a ETH/BTC trading pair? This would quickly relief the stress on all other markets. BTC would have a lower value on this market than on the open market, since withdrawing BTC can only be done by people with high credit.

Assuming tight market conditions, there would even be heroes that buy BTC using their ETH credit, withdraw that BTC and shape-shift it back into ETH. (And turn a small profit doing so)
Giving the community the opportunity to self regulate the value of BTC vs ETH on the platform and exchange the two between each other, is in my book a good way to help people.

We need time to implement a crypto trading pair as it would be a different system than the exchange market now. It is not just a simple "port".