Forum/Support Market
Busy icon
Hello Joto,

I've been trying to use my key credit to purchase some games. However, I keep getting the following error message:

''BACKPACK IS PRIVATE
Your backpack is set to private and our agents are not able to identify the items you offered. Please set both of your profile and inventory access permission to 'Public' on Steam.It may take up to a few minutes for this settings to take effect.''

It's been like this for a few days now. Please fix it when you can.

Cheers,

Overslop
Replies

Any other users have the same problem?

Valve had introduced some rate limiting algorithm on the old, traditional GetPlayerItems Web API, and that message is originated from that rate limit. We can make the error message clearer, but we can't seem to be able to figure out how their damned rate limit work, and how to make the queries more smooth so the system won't trigger that error that easily. Meanwhile you can try to access the same function again around 3 minutes later once you encountered that error.

Just to update, I also cannot withdraw my gifts to my inventory. This is quite a big problem. Hope it can be resolved soon but I understand it can be hard to work out.

Another update - seems this could be due to me replacing my stolen phone recently. Can't make a trade offer due to Steam Guard requiring a 15 days wait.