Forum/Support Market
Busy icon
UPDATE: It seems some Steam Gifts are fine, whilst others are locked.

As per title. This is for both new purchases, but importantly to us, effecting all existing gift purchases too.

So for example, if a gift was purchased in USA then it can't be used in EU.

Hoping they didn't mean to effect the old gifts and will revert it or otherwise we are in a lot of trouble...
Replies

Any Source?
I tried to find something but I cant find any hot topic about that.
I cant check it myself, but I've checked the reseller sites and was looking for games that are sold as "Steam Gift" and I then looked at the negative reviews from sellers. For roughly two days, these are getting quite a few negative reviews for selling gifts that are supposedly not RoW or do not work.

However, the problem seems to have resolved itself for some after a certain time, only a temporary bug?
Steam is converting a lot at the moment, there seems to be a new interface and pricing and fees are coming, and so on. Maybe there is just a bug about gifting. If this is not the case .... well then RIP.

Any Source?
I tried to find something but I cant find any hot topic about that.
I cant check it myself, but I've checked the reseller sites and was looking for games that are sold as "Steam Gift" and I then looked at the negative reviews from sellers. For roughly two days, these are getting quite a few negative reviews for selling gifts that are supposedly not RoW or do not work.

However, the problem seems to have resolved itself for some after a certain time, only a temporary bug?
Steam is converting a lot at the moment, there seems to be a new interface and pricing and fees are coming, and so on. Maybe there is just a bug about gifting. If this is not the case .... well then RIP.

Posted the same on Reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/SteamGameSwap/comments/a238fo/psa_all_steam_gifts_now_locked_to_nationtrade/

maybe it has something to do with the new EU Geoblocking Regulation
Which came into force today and thereby errors occur ?!?

Sounds very plausible to me.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Steam/comments/a2fewh/steam_just_tightened_regionalization/eb16yft/

Can anyone confirm if this issue has been fixed or not? Some say yes but unverified.