Forum/Support Market
Busy icon
I find that some items that I search for, the search will display no results, yet later when I am looking thru the store list one by one, I'll see some items there I was previously searching for (and this will be within a half hour, it's not like I saw the item in the store list days later)

So, are you guys working on this?

Also, sometimes searches display a result which might have something similar but not the item i was looking for.
Replies

Further to this I've noticed that when putting a Stockbroker's Scarf (the Pyro tie) in the search tab, you can't actually change the search quality to Vintage (which most of the Scarfs on sale here are). No biggy but a strange bug :)

Also items that have been sold but their original trade is still active (e.g. multiple craft hat, weapon trades) the search function will still pick these trades up as if the item was still in the trade. Keep up the good work guys, still loving the site!

I find that some items that I search for, the search will display no results, yet later when I am looking thru the store list one by one, I'll see some items there I was previously searching for (and this will be within a half hour, it's not like I saw the item in the store list days later)

Do you mean search does not give you the result when you are sure that the items are being sold by a shop? I have never experienced this myself yet.

Also, sometimes searches display a result which might have something similar but not the item i was looking for.

Yes, when an item in a bag trade was sold, the search would still find those items as long as the 'bag' is still there. This could be fixed but a bit complicated.

Yes, Joto, furthermore, I've now noticed that depending on the item (say it's full name is Lord Cockswain's Novelty Mutton Chops and Pipe) it might depend on if I put all the words of the name of the item in the search, or if I only use a few of the words (it varies by item how you search for it, with not much rhyme or reason to it, sometimes the full name finds it, sometimes the first two words of the name, sometimes only one word, etc) it may or may not find the item in the search. That example has a lengthier title then most, but plenty of items have 3 or 4 words in the title, and this still applies to those. At least this has been my experience, I search the site a lot.

Yes, Joto, furthermore, I've now noticed that depending on the item (say it's full name is Lord Cockswain's Novelty Mutton Chops and Pipe) it might depend on if I put all the words of the name of the item in the search, or if I only use a few of the words (it varies by item how you search for it, with not much rhyme or reason to it, sometimes the full name finds it, sometimes the first two words of the name, sometimes only one word, etc) it may or may not find the item in the search. That example has a lengthier title then most, but plenty of items have 3 or 4 words in the title, and this still applies to those. At least this has been my experience, I search the site a lot.

Do you have any examples about the problem? I can search 'Lord Cockswain's Novelty Mutton Chops and Pipe' just fine with 2 words. I am not sure what exactly is the problem you are describing here.

Maybe that was a bad example, try about 20 searches in a row on different items, I swear that often nothing will come up in the search, even that there should be some of those items in some of the stores. Only way I could really show you it happening is if I made some screencasts.