Forum/Support Market
Busy icon
How does the bot handles friend requests
There is limitation to friend list for each steam profile. I wonder how your bots keep this limit maintained since i think they must be getting lot of invitations from around while trading. Being basic user earlier dispencer80 was assigned to me. I never removed it from friendliest since its easy to have him in friend list for frequent trades. He also never removed me.
Also i have seen this dispencer80 bot goes offline and whenever i want to trade with him after i hit button on website 'the bot warms up' comes online and does trade. I never seen this before. How do you handle this? basically he is online when there is requirement. And so far it never failed to serve me whenever i wanted.
Also sometimes i noticed that when i trade bot it automatically accepts the friend request/trade from my side as well. For example i ask for item to trade>the bot adds me>i accept the friend request>and as soon as i do that the bot invites me and before i accept invitation to trade, the trade window opens. How does it manages to do that? Any auto scripts? ppl may get lil insecure feeling because of this.
I am just curious so asking this stuff.
Replies

Friendlist is purged when it reaches 200 or something.

Bots are offline because they don't have to be online, they are not the one who directly takes a request. An active botnet is there to handle when to login a bot and what to do after. The buttons (exchange, purchase, credit deposit etc.) are some javascript that contain information about the actions being requested. In another word the bots have already expected what to do before trading with you and it will only carry out that action. You cannot interact with the bot directly without using the site.

Not sure what you are asking for your third question.

Bots are offline because they don't have to be online, they are not the one who directly takes a request. An active botnet is there to handle when to login a bot and what to do after. The buttons (exchange, purchase, credit deposit etc.) are some javascript that contain information about the actions being requested. In another word the bots have already expected what to do before trading with you and it will only carry out that action. You cannot interact with the bot directly without using the site.

Thank you for the answer. About the 3rd question. There are two scnarios,
1. When someone (i did this here) selects item and click purchase the respective bot sends friend request. That friend request is automatically accepted and direct trade request pops up.
2.The friend request is accepted and after that no trade request is seen but directly the trade window opens.

I encountered few people who were not ready to trade with my bot (where i am selling my stuff) and they preferred to add me and ask e for item instead. They were suspicious because of this and other reasons they mention have heard on internet or around.

Thank you for the answer. About the 3rd question. There are two scnarios,
1. When someone (i did this here) selects item and click purchase the respective bot sends friend request. That friend request is automatically accepted and direct trade request pops up.
2.The friend request is accepted and after that no trade request is seen but directly the trade window opens.

I encountered few people who were not ready to trade with my bot (where i am selling my stuff) and they preferred to add me and ask e for item instead. They were suspicious because of this and other reasons they mention have heard on internet or around.

A simple explanation of #1 is that the users are the one who send friend request to the bot (after clicking a button for trade). That is why the request is accepted almost instantly.
#2 should not happen. You are the one who receives a trade request so you must accept it yourself. I have never seen situations that suddenly a trade window comes up without notification.

#2 should not happen. You are the one who receives a trade request so you must accept it yourself. I have never seen situations that suddenly a trade window comes up without notification.

May be i did click fast in-between and the trade request was approved and i din realize it. I will let you know if i find anything unusual again.
Thx mate!