Forum/Support Market
Busy icon
I am currently in the middle of script writing and video creating. Traveling in Valve Time...

TRANSLATORS NEEDED!

CURRENT TRANSLATORS
Kanta: Brazilian Portuguese
Gin: Chinese Simplified and Traditional

Hey community!

I am making a video tutorial on how to use Dispenser.tf as I think the site maybe confusing to new users. If you have a suggestion for the video feel free to voice it!

Video Composition:
1. Voice along with Captions via Youtube
2. One long tutorial on everything and a small video consisting on how to purchase (specifically for customers of stores)

Video Agenda:
Contents (for easy navigation for a specific area)
Introduction
Navigating Dispenser.tf (incl: Page, Search, Settings, Forum)
The Basics
-Buying
-Selling
Credit System
Popularity
Donations
-Personalization (URL, Listing, Shop, Bot)
-Pawn Shop
Replies

With a voice or with text?

Voice or text does not matter as long as it's clear. Voice video is better for people who could speak well in front of a mic.

Should I make it into one large video or small videos of specific actions (Getting Started, Creating a Trade, Making a Purchase, Forums, etc.)

The video itself should not be that long anyway so I feel that one large video would be good (but not longer than 15 minutes in total.)

And thanks a lot for making a video tutorial.

Speaking as a user that the primary language isn't English, I vote for text (or a mix, with voice and text for the key points). At least for me, is easier to look on google a word or sentence that I don't know, than trying to figure out the correct writing of a word that I have heard :)

Speaking as a user that the primary language isn't English, I vote for text (or a mix, with voice and text for the key points).

I will have English captions via the Youtube Captioning system, help with translations of alternate languages from the community would be very helpful for others too.

I will have English captions via the Youtube Captioning system, help with translations of alternate languages from the community would be very helpful for others too.

Sure! Once you finish the video, just give me the english script, and I can translate into brazilian portuguese (pt-br).

Yes, most of this is based off of the FAQ and I am probably going to literally read off of the FAQ and provide visual aids.

Well, since you will probably read the FAQ, and we're talking about translations, I just translated the first part of the FAQ for pt-br :D
Here is the link for the pdf: http://www.mediafire.com/file/0aw2ys8lda77x3p/dispenser[1].pdf

(The way the text is divided is simple: the parts in gray are the original text, and each text block is followed by its translation; and the words in blue are the parts corresponding to the original portions containing a link. Even if this text isn't going to be used right now, I think he can come in handy in the future)

Well, since you will probably read the FAQ, and we're talking about translations, I just translated the first part of the FAQ for pt-br :D

Cool, thank you but I think that when I am done with the video and receive my NEW condenser microphone (my old one sucks) I will send over the entire transcript.

Hows the progress of this video tutorial?

Hows the progress of this video tutorial?

Working on the non-texted purchasing specific tutorial (for specific purchase only customers) because my condenser microphone is not in the mail yet :(. Also it was take a bit because I also got a crap load of schoolwork.

Working on the non-texted purchasing specific tutorial (for specific purchase only customers) because my condenser microphone is not in the mail yet :(. Also it was take a bit because I also got a crap load of schoolwork.

Owh, so it will be separated video right?

One will be tutorial on how to use the site (very long) and one will be purchase specific video, I am currently done with bag trade purchase video and the other (batch trade) will be completed after, when I get my condenser microphone I will start on the the tutorial.

One will be tutorial on how to use the site (very long) and one will be purchase specific video, I am currently done with bag trade purchase video and the other (batch trade) will be completed after, when I get my condenser microphone I will start on the the tutorial.

Now the new layout is out, do u think u should make new one?

I can help translating the vid into Traditional Chinese or Simplified Chinese, hit me up if you want to talk about this

Now the new layout is out, do u think u should make new one?

No, I already made keyframes for the animations of the stuff like the clicker I will just take new screenshots and swap them with the old one, it's a piece of cake.

Nice work, although I feel that the music is not that good for the video :D
As for this video, you should also mention the status message that appears at the bottom right corner of the screen which is useful for debugging purpose.

I will set this post sticky and I also have given you the contributor status as an appreciation of your help.
When the videos are finished they will be properly credited and will be put on somewhere easy to find on the website.