Forum/Support Market
Busy icon
Since Team Fortress 2 has gone Free-to-play, there is an influx of players to the game. Many of them demonstrate good personal skills but yet to develop a good sense of understanding and teamwork spirit – especially players from Hong Kong are mostly too self-focus for that. This often results in awful team performance and bad online experience.

I hereby would like to suggest 10 tips for everyone to improve the overall teamwork in a pub server. These are not hard skills but just easy things people often neglect or care to do.

1. Use Scout’s Mad Milk, Sniper’s Jarate or Pyro’s Flamethrower airblast to douse ignited teammates from fire.
2. Play Medic, and not only heal your friends.

3. Change class according to your team composition and situation. Play medic when your team has none, or play Pyro when the opposite team has many spies etc.
4. Concentrate on objectives instead of killing, especially when you are a scout. (Although killing could sometimes be a high priority)
5. Choose your targets appropriately for your class. Fight snipers and spies as a Pyro, and not Heavy. Let the correct person do the jobs.
6. Do not play Sniper unless you are very good at it. And most of the time you should not even if you are.
7. Use appropriate equipment for different maps. Do not use Kritzkrieg or Gunslinger when the situation is not suitable for it.
8. Protect the medic who is helping you. As a Heavy, right-click to give them your sandwich when they need HP. Also let the medics take the health kits on the map. A medic could only heal you but not self.
9. As an engineer, unsap friendly structures when possible and not only your own.
10. Actively communicate with your teammates by the means of typing or voice chats. Even if you do not have the time for that, at least use your quick chat menu (by typing z, x, c on default) to show that you understand what others have told you.

I hope that now you would be aware of the fact that there are actually a lot of things you can do to help your team, and try to be more of a ‘team player’ rather than a ‘tough player’. A good pub player is someone who everyone else likes to see and work with, but not necessarily the one who tops the scoreboard.
Replies

Our HK community would be that much better if every single one stop by for a minute and read this post.

11. Learn when to fight, request for assistance or retreat when you are in a dire situation instead of dying futilely.
12. Be friendly, enjoy winning as well as losing.
13. Do not stack. Learn how to play in winning and losing situations to enjoy the game in different ways.
14. Think how you would counter yourself, and think how to counteract.

Maybe someone could translate it into a chinese version?

Maybe someone could translate it into a chinese version?

Having both Chinese and English version of an article is something I always want to do but not until I can solve all the website/server problems and squeeze out enough new articles..