Forum/Support Market
Busy icon
(Gameplay Video Part 1, 4 parts in total)

Dead Island is a new zombie series created by Poland developer Techland. It is basically a survival game similar to Left 4 Dead in which you fight zombie and make your way to safety, but the game has more to offer as it also contains many RPG elements. Not only you can level up and spend skill points in 3 skill trees, you can also upgrade and modify weapons. In my opinion, Dead Island is a fine mix between Borderlands and Left 4 Dead. A random game with Rico joined by random players in the process has provided great fun for us.

Although the game is quite buggy and has somewhat sluggish control, it is still great fun especially in coop mode. The character movement is always funny to watch and the melee battle mechanism is quite interesting. There is locational damage and you can mix your fighting style with punch and kicks. The best part about the game is its matchmaking system. The game let you join up random players in online mode within the same location, so you almost never need to play alone even not playing with friends.

Replies

The graphics is too good for my laptop .. Orz.. I will stick with TF2

Well it is always worth a try if you don't pay for it :D

It actually run faster than TF2 for my half decade old desktop, but this game is awful in many places, I would say if this game is a survival horror, the story itself does not clarify, but the game itself is a REAL horror.

The graphic looks good but if you really playing it for a extended time period, you have to turn off the bloom and motion blur that kicks in when you turn around. (Turning them off: http://hsp.hk/community/view/454/) But then after playing it a while you will notice many shit happens in the later part of the game.

They made a throwing expert character (if you are not the one that experts in 'throwing' now after a few hours exposed in the overpowered bloom/blur/camera shaking effects), but well this game is the worst one in handling weapon throwing, I lost many fully upgraded weapons because of throwing them to the enemy.

I don't know what the fuck those developers thinking, but if you throw knifes into the guts of a zombie, and that zombie dies with his front down, then all your thrown knives will be buried into the landscape, even after the ragdoll disappeared, and you will be left with your fists in the middle of a fight. so if you play the throwing expert, you have to be sure that your throw won't kill him or the zombie will not die in a style that your thrown weapons will be clipped inside the ground.

But even you can manage that, happy finding your knives after each battle since they will be clipped into the corpse of each zombie with different angle and depth. It's like an examination of death reason after each kill.