Forum/Support Market
Busy icon
I have had multiple times where i am unable to trade with someone because of time differences and i have setup up a trade here and asked them to use my bot and the only response i have gotten is "I don't understand how to use the site" or "The bot wants three sets of items and i only have one to sell". Has anyone else ran in to similar problems when directing traders to your bot ?
Replies

I've had mixed success. Quite a few people have traded successfully, often very smoothly with no problems, but others have been unable to understand how to use the site, or they've given up because Steam somehow caused the trade to fail (or possibly because of bugs at dispenser.tf).

Very few people give feedback, so I can't get a clear idea of the success/failure ratio.

Generally, people are reluctant to try new things. I frequently have to take items back from dispenser.tf, simply to trade them to someone who doesn't seem interested in trying the site (I provide a link, but they ignore it and add me directly)

I have had a few who have either gotten confused or steam has let them down so they've given up.

As for clarity in how to use the site properly I think a user is working on some video tutorials. If I get some free time soon I will consider the same. The more easily absorbed information there is available the more people will use the site. It took me a couple of minutes to understand the site when I first found it but now I understand it I think it's great and encourage anyone and everyone to come here. Hopefully video tutorials will help!

Our login did not work for 2 days before and we have just finished optimizing the bots, so I am not surprised people gave up trying when they were introduced here just when things were not working right.

It also depends if people really 'try' to understand the site. Nothing could be done if people do not try at all.

Here's an example of how difficult it can be to get some people to use the site. The guy even offered to pay me more, if he could avoid using dispenser.tf ;_;

He had TF2 running. Not sure if he was idling,or in game, or using the overlay browser. That could make a difference, I guess.

Never tell your password to anyone.
Friday, May 24, 2013
1:52 PM - Potato: Hello, you added me a while ago. How can I help you?
1:52 PM - TRADER: I would like to buy your strange part sappers destroyed
1:53 PM - Potato: Not sure if I have any left... just a minute
1:54 PM - TRADER: <:3
1:54 PM - TRADER: Have any left?
1:55 PM - Potato: I have one at dispenser.tf
1:55 PM - Potato: http://dispenser.tf/trade/54320/
1:55 PM - Potato: It's an automatic bot trading site
1:55 PM - TRADER: can't we just trade?
1:56 PM - Potato: I don't have it in my own inventory
1:56 PM - TRADER: Well I've never used this site before
1:56 PM - Potato: This could be the first time then :)
1:56 PM - TRADER: Can't you just get it to your inventory?
1:56 PM - TRADER: I'll add a scrap x3
1:56 PM - Potato: I can, but it's quicker for you to get it from there
1:57 PM - TRADER: I just like to trade trough steam
1:57 PM - TRADER: right away
1:57 PM - TRADER: I've got 8 mins
1:57 PM - Potato: You will. The bot just adds you and you trade through steam, same as trading with me.
1:57 PM - TRADER: so I just sign in?
1:58 PM - Potato: Yes, like using TF2Outpost
1:59 PM - TRADER: I dunno how to use this
1:59 PM - TRADER: just
1:59 PM - TRADER: get it from the inventory
1:59 PM - TRADER: and let's trade
1:59 PM - Potato: OK, wait a minute
2:01 PM - TRADER has accepted your request to trade.
2:01 PM - TRADER: this?
2:01 PM - TRADER: Thanks
2:01 PM - Potato: Thank you
2:06 PM - TRADER is now Offline.

Here's an example of how difficult it can be to get some people to use the site. The guy even offered to pay me more, if he could avoid using dispenser.tf ;_;

He had TF2 running. Not sure if he was idling,or in game, or using the overlay browser. That could make a difference, I guess.

Never tell your password to anyone.
Friday, May 24, 2013
1:52 PM - Potato: Hello, you added me a while ago. How can I help you?
1:52 PM - TRADER: I would like to buy your strange part sappers destroyed
1:53 PM - Potato: Not sure if I have any left... just a minute
1:54 PM - TRADER: <:3
1:54 PM - TRADER: Have any left?
1:55 PM - Potato: I have one at dispenser.tf
1:55 PM - Potato: http://dispenser.tf/trade/54320/
1:55 PM - Potato: It's an automatic bot trading site
1:55 PM - TRADER: can't we just trade?
1:56 PM - Potato: I don't have it in my own inventory
1:56 PM - TRADER: Well I've never used this site before
1:56 PM - Potato: This could be the first time then :)
1:56 PM - TRADER: Can't you just get it to your inventory?
1:56 PM - TRADER: I'll add a scrap x3
1:56 PM - Potato: I can, but it's quicker for you to get it from there
1:57 PM - TRADER: I just like to trade trough steam
1:57 PM - TRADER: right away
1:57 PM - TRADER: I've got 8 mins
1:57 PM - Potato: You will. The bot just adds you and you trade through steam, same as trading with me.
1:57 PM - TRADER: so I just sign in?
1:58 PM - Potato: Yes, like using TF2Outpost
1:59 PM - TRADER: I dunno how to use this
1:59 PM - TRADER: just
1:59 PM - TRADER: get it from the inventory
1:59 PM - TRADER: and let's trade
1:59 PM - Potato: OK, wait a minute
2:01 PM - TRADER has accepted your request to trade.
2:01 PM - TRADER: this?
2:01 PM - TRADER: Thanks
2:01 PM - Potato: Thank you
2:06 PM - TRADER is now Offline.

But, I guess lazy people are just lazy. What do you think we could do if pressing the purchase button is already too much for them? We have already packed add friend and sending trade request into one and its even simpler than some other bot trade sites.