Forum/Support Market
Busy icon

Table of Contents

We have received a lot of player reports about our servers being 'choppy', 'stutter', 'laggy', also the Replay system are setup and available to use but they never successfully recorded a proper Replay. The administrators had investigated the problems in depth and I'm presenting the progress of the investigation here.

We acknowledged and confirmed the following issues about our TF2 servers:

Performance problem

Occasional 'choppy', 'stutter', 'laggy' performance in server #1, 2, 4, 5.

The administrators considered this problem related to the Linux version of Team Fortress 2 server not performing properly on core i5/i7 platforms (Server #1, 2, 4 and 5 runs on core i5). I have sent detail issue report to Team Fortress 2 developers (Jon Lippincott) and he is investigating this issue in depth with the server developers.

Replay is broken

Replay system simply does not work. The administrators are quite sure that the architectural and replay system setup are proper since the files are uploaded to the web server and they can be retrieved manually by web browser, the Team Fortress 2 server also DID NOT report any problem or failure about the replay system). I have sent a detail issue report to the developer in charge of Replay in Valve (Jon Lippincott also. He replied that he will come to our server and take a look on our case soon and take any follow up actions as needed.

To conclude, these problems are out of the administrators reach, other than reporting them to Valve and see if they will take it seriously, the administrators can just wait and play the game as it is like now.

Thank you for your long term support of HSP.HK. Happy healing the heavies!
Replies

Salute.

I would like to note that some people are experiencing some kind of lag that is unrelated to server performance. The 1-2 second freezing that occur occasionally is some kind of TF2 problem although I don't know about the cause.

You deserve my salute sir, for actively solving server issues.

Thanks for the heads up.

The difference between ser#3 and #1,2,4,5 is only CPU? Perhaps the lag problem is associate with other things. Hope you can fix it:)