Forum/Support Market
Busy icon
There are thousands of missing items on the 'steam gift' category, and, I mean thousands. Puddle, Stacking, Blood Knights, Lost Planet, Towns, Redshirt, PixelJunk, etc...

Any reason for this? If I had to take a guess, games are only indexed once someone trades it with a bot, why not just index every steam item? Granted, I've never worked with the item API, but, I'm sure there's a list somewhere? Or someone willing to provide you with the list of all the items?
Replies

You would get a list of thousands of items. Would take forever to load and just stall your browser to display them all at once in the search. Would be neat if you could putt a filter and then search; so you only end up with the game you like :)

Because we don't know where to access such API. Same thing apply to coupons / trading cards. So we can only index what people have put in before.

Because we don't know where to access such API. Same thing apply to coupons / trading cards. So we can only index what people have put in before.

Wouldn't it be worth implementing a spider, if at the very least just to scan member's of this site's inventory? Even more so, everyone's inventory on Steam?

Not sure, that may break some Steam API ToS agreements.

A spider would theoretically works, but that seems so inefficient to scan people and in hope that we would find something new. Not to mention a large amount of duplicates, or other kind of useless data that we have to dealt with. It would only be a solution if there is an 'official' API that contains everything, correct and accurate.