Forum/Support Market
Busy icon
For everyone who knows about Tremulous, you should very much concern about the really slow development progress of version 1.2. As of yet, Tremulous developers have never set a release date of 1.2, or revealing how close they are to it. So it is now pretty much considered a dead project by the community. Though, a good news has come by a few days ago when user Volt has announced in the Tremulous forum that he and his team are working on a mod named Tremz, which is based on the Tremulous 1.2 GPP. So far this project is looking quite promising and they seem to be doing far more in 5 days than the Tremulous "official" development team in 5 years.

Official Thread: http://tremulous.net/forum/index.php?topic=16227.0

The main features of Tremz:
1. Actual VOIP (team based)
2. Achievement/Award based system

3. New maps with a commercial feel
4. Updated UI system to mimic modern FPS
5. Admin system that is based on sql so it's easily compatible with web applications
6. Updated sounds
7. Some new gameplay (New aliens, New weapons)
8. Brand Spanking new web features
9. Updated cgame, game, client, server
10. Development ToolKits
11. Updated install files
12. House cleaning of tremulous code and project file

You can also view the new models, UI and graphics of Tremz at: https://picasaweb.google.com/103667496703540471106/TREMZ?authkey=Gv1sRgCMCUq-TG0e2vtQE#

The estimated released date of Tremz is around the end of October. As the largest Asian community of Tremulous, we wish them the best of luck in the project. It is really time for changes for Tremulous and its revival.
Replies

好似幾吸引咁啵

Please tell me you did not write in english because of me =(
Ah trem oh trem ... anything about release date in tremulous doesn't get me excited anymore (you guys know what I mean)

But gosh, it looks like trem 2.0 (20 years later?)

I wrote in English because I think some non-Chinese readers might be interested.

And yes, this mod looks really good because it has some nice new models to offer, which is more than sufficient to be a non-official "1.2" :)

good game

I do hope there will be a tutorial to make new players who have completed the tutorial to be able to perform some very basic skills in tremulous like headshot / buy / sell.

When we the veterans can teach people the tactical sides / senses in the field, new players should be better prepared to play the game in the first try so the skill difference will be smaller.

正呀喂

Looking forward to it

Seems release has been pushed back to December =)

quote:(Seems release has been pushed back to December =))

damn, is it some kind of curse on any Tremulous development?

quote:(quote:(Seems release has been pushed back to December =))

damn, is it some kind of curse on any Tremulous development?)

Well, it is a free project after all and they should spend more time on something that could make money in real life.

I have introduced myself in the tremz forum.

For anyone who wants to have an account there, you can put [email protected] as the referrer

Tremz forum: registration with my account name as the referrer:
http://tremz.com/community/member.php?action=register&referrer=197