Forum/Support Market
Busy icon
May i hv an honour to get top100 details(rank,nickname,points,playtime,kill,death,assist) from ur database?
As I would like make some analyse for those players. Thanks :]

My e-mail address
[email protected]

Replies

Would you please login with your Steam account to post messages so I can add you as Steam friend and accompany your research?

We have plans to open the ranking data to public but we need to find a efficient way to serve those data without affecting the performance of game services.

Thz for ur invitation, but I am not going to disclose who i am. This is in order to make it more fair and justify, plz dun mind, and I hope u can understand :]

We can also keep in contact wiv my e-mail which stated above, or I can create a shadow account for our discussion if that suit u:]

I don't understand why disclosing your identity would make your research 'less fair and justify', for me it is a very important information because we may need to find you later.

But if you could promise that you are really conducting a research and would share your result to us, I don't really need your identity. Just that how we could make sure about that if we can't even know who you are?

There is a default installation of TF2 Ranking plugin web interface accessible at http://hsp.hk/tf2ranking/index.php, I don't want to advertise it to all of our players because this web interface is too slow and unnecessarily complex, and a lot of information (like headshot counts and ratios) are wrong.

If this isn't enough, I can dump the whole MySQL database to you too, but I cannot guarantee every number are correct because the ranking plugin itself isn't perfectly correct.

I don't understand why disclosing your identity would make your research 'less fair and justify', for me it is a very important information because we may need to find you later.

But if you could promise that you are really conducting a research and would share your result to us, I don't really need your identity. Just that how we could make sure about that if we can't even know who you are?

I don't get it either. We have a right to know where our data are going to. Even if that's double blind research the data provider should also know who the researcher is.

Oh yes is the extinguished stat related to pyro / engineer only?

Oh plz dun put in mind :p
Honestly, u two are right, justify and fair is juz the excuse for that I would not like to disclose who I am :p

I am a player who interesingtanalyze players from statics system. So u can know that i am one of top 100 player that i also would like to analyze my stats.

By the way, It is never mind if u would not like to share the stats because of my identity. I can really understand it. :]

Ps. Really thz Rico share the database to me, but I would like to get all of ur authorization before I use it. :]

Please also be informed that I am not that much ability to make a massive research as u think :p I am juz seeking a way to analyse wt I would like to know.

As I found that the existing ranking system could not explain the real ability of the player. Because the calulation of the skill points could accumulate and then the skill point redecing punishment is only -1 point when the player dead. It implied that the players can get higher rank when they spend more time.

PS. I am not trying to challenge the existing calulation system :] Above statement is to explain y I would like to hv some stats for making a little research.

You have pointed the exact reason that we don't want to open the ranking details to the public, the ranking presentation does not show the exact player ability and opening it to the public is only attracting disputes.

We are planning to present the raw data in a way that player abilities can be reflected clearly, like at least the ranking is ordered by points per minute instead of total points.

About giving you the database, since doing that will also give you around 25000 Steam ID of players that had played in our servers in the pass 30 days, I need to know exactly what you are going to use the data for and how will you protect the data from being used in ways other than your research.

Please also be informed that I am not that much ability to make a massive research as u think :p I am juz seeking a way to analyse wt I would like to know.

As I found that the existing ranking system could not explain the real ability of the player. Because the calulation of the skill points could accumulate and then the skill point redecing punishment is only -1 point when the player dead. It implied that the players can get higher rank when they spend more time.

PS. I am not trying to challenge the existing calulation system :] Above statement is to explain y I would like to hv some stats for making a little research.

FYI, the ranking already has a 'Points per minute' stats. You are right that the ranking point could be accumulated because only the total points is shown in game. However, even point per minute does not really reflect anything in my opinion (because it is easier to get point with certain class and weapons). So your 'research' is basically pointless if it is about 'a player's true ability'.

I hv no doubt about the ability to existing high rank players like u, kuroneko, vyranch etc. U guys are really really pro in my mind, but I still agree the ranking/points calculation system hv some room to improve. Btw, I must declare that I am not forcing to demand for an improvement, I am juz seeking a way to know more about our players for own usage as I stated be4 (It's certainly that I can share it if all of u hv interest for investigation together :]).

Ys, Kuroneko. Obviously, there is no an exact formula can show the players abilities directly. Especially in this game, certain class and weapon can get point easily or more difficult as u say, so that calculate only one criterion like points per minutes, kill per death ratio could not show the real ability of the players.

Honestly, I hv no idea for my little research. I am juz wondering if we can mix those or some criteria together for creating a new formula to show the nearly ture ability of the players :] so I would like to hv some stats for make some trials.

About my identity, it is ok to disclose in private for sharing my mind :] I will add rico first tonight, thz for all of ur helping and a nice dicussion here.

Now we have a player ranking page accessible to the public on:
http://hsp.hk/tf2ranking

Players can also access the page in game by chat trigger 'rank'. Accessing in game will also list the ranking of that player in the ranking page.

The ranking now is based on an index of weighted points per minute and points per death, hoping to make the ranking reflects more of the player ability than play time in our servers.

Now we have a player ranking page accessible to the public on:
http://hsp.hk/tf2ranking

Players can also access the page in game by chat trigger 'rank'. Accessing in game will also list the ranking of that player in the ranking page.

The ranking now is based on an index of weighted points per minute and points per death, hoping to make the ranking reflects more of the player ability than play time in our servers.

Thz so much for ur effort Rico, the new formula is better than be4.
Btw, I hv tried to add u for sharing more last night, but I could not get any reply sadly :]