Forum/Support Market
Busy icon
Can we get replays fixed on hsp.hk servers? Either that or stop claiming that your server supports replays.
Replies

I only left Replay on a few servers for Jon to diagnosis what's going on, because I had run out of tricks to fix that on the supporting facilities. It's not like I can advertise we support replay and lure players in, it's the server software itself approved the supporting setup, and then the Replay icon is there.

Now the Replay icon is on the server browser and it doesn't work.

Here's the email I've sent to Jon Lippincott of Valve Software on 13th Sept., 2011:

Dear Jon,

I'm the server administrator of HSP.HK, we operates 8 TF2 servers in Hong Kong. I have set up the replay system to use FTP offload, and everything are fine in the TF2 server self testing. However our players are reporting the replay downloading fails often, even sometimes it works but the replay downloaded are corrupted.

I found that the block files seems uploaded to the FTP server fine, and there are no problem downloading them with a web browser. You can take a look to the web server directory that serves the replay files on:

http://hsp.hk/replay/tf1/

Both the game servers and the FTP/Web server are running on Ubuntu 11.04.

Here's the replay related settings for one of my servers for your reference:

replay_enable "1"
replay_maxconcurrentdownloads "30"
replay_fileserver_protocol "http"
replay_fileserver_offload_enable "1"
replay_fileserver_host "hsp.hk"
replay_fileserver_port "80"
replay_fileserver_path "/replay/tf1/"
replay_fileserver_offload_protocol "ftp"
replay_fileserver_offload_hostname "hsp.hk"
replay_fileserver_offload_port "20021"
replay_fileserver_offload_remotepath "/replay/tf1/"
replay_fileserver_offload_login "tf2replayfake"
replay_fileserver_offload_password "12345678fake"
replay_fileserver_offload_maxuploads "16"
replay_data_lifespan 1
replay_dofileserver_cleanup_on_start 1
replay_cleanup_time "24"

Furthermore, the auto cleaning function is not working for my setup, very few to none of the replay files are auto cleaned.

Best regards,
Rico

Jon replied me to join our servers and test:

Hello Ka Wui Li,

What’s your server hostname and port? I’ll join your server and see if I can figure out what’s going on.

-Jon

But then nothing happened. After I saw your post I knew that there are actually players in our servers want the feature to be working correctly, so I bumped this issue to Jon again today:

Hi Jon,

Just to bump this again because we are still having this issue. The current Replay configuration is:

replay_enable "1"
replay_maxconcurrentdownloads "30"
replay_fileserver_protocol "http"
replay_fileserver_offload_enable "1"
replay_fileserver_host "hsp.hk"
replay_fileserver_port "80"
replay_fileserver_offload_protocol "ftp"
replay_fileserver_offload_hostname "hsp.hk"
replay_fileserver_offload_port "21"
replay_fileserver_offload_login "fakeuser"
replay_fileserver_offload_password "fakepass"
replay_fileserver_offload_maxuploads "16"
replay_data_lifespan 1
replay_dofileserver_cleanup_on_start 1
replay_cleanup_time "24"
replay_fileserver_path "/replay/tf1/"
replay_fileserver_offload_remotepath "/replay/tf1/"

The server that uses this replay configuration is 113.252.206.177:27015.

The server start up self test is all OK, and replay is enabled with the icon on server browser, but none of the user can download any replay, the game will always respond with 'Download failed ...' after a few seconds of death.

Old Replay files are also not deleted on the FTP/HTTP directories, even after server restarts.

Thank you for your effort put into Replay.

Best regards,
Ka Wui, Li

We want it to get fixed as much as you do.