Forum/Support Market
Busy icon
So the major TF2 patch - the Manniversary Update, that people have been talking about for more than a month has finally arrived. Valve makes everyone happy by gifting every player a Manniversary Pack that contains an all-class Paper Hat - plus a new hat from the update if you are lucky.

Don't get me wrong. I think that the new hats are nice, and would like to collect them. But it's time for Valve to get the basic things working first. They delayed the patch one day for polishing, but the end product is something that crashes on both server and client side. And how about the replay? Is that working now? On the other hand, Valve made the rough decision of making hats purchased from shop tradable and craftable, but regretted the decision 4 hours later. Now I don't know how Valve is going to compensate to those people who purchased 50 Demoman's fro to craft. And don't tell me the shut down of item server has something to do with this.

By the way Valve, where is the Pyro flamethrower balance change and the Tomislav nerf? Why you only release new Strange Weapon to sell more keys? Why in the changelog there is always not a single line of gameplay balance but new hats, as if there are not enough already?
Replies

To be fair, there was a third patch this morning fixing the craftability issue for hats bought within that small 4 hour period.

But yes, Valve's err on the side of hats over fixing server/game breaking issues is beginning to grate.

server keeps crashing due to update =/ Valve better rename TF2 as Hat Simulator ;P

When will the game stop crashing -_-