Forum/Support Market
Busy icon
Joto, could You implement third method of offers?

1) user need to sign in through steam
2) user choose items and click easy purchase
3) bot add trader to get acces to leaving offers . . . . . . . . . (so this will not require leaving ,,url offer" on the site)
4) bot leave offer and write to trader ,,I left You trade offer, please accept it in 10 min"
OPTIONAL bot write ,,if You want to know how to use ,,normal purchase" click this link (here link with guide in english + screens)"
I think it will be easier to newbie traders...

three buttons:
1) offline purchase
2) normal purchase
3) easy purchase (option for newbie traders)
Replies

bump..

How can this be any easier if there is the need of login and adding friend.

The trade URL is built for the purpose of trading without adding friend, it is a great move by Valve. Why people hate it so much? It's just like a junk email address anyway. To say some kind of security will be bleached because of that URL just keep me scratching my head. It is disposable for god's sake.

The trade URL is built for the purpose of trading without adding friend, it is a great move by Valve. Why people hate it so much? It's just like a junk email address anyway. To say some kind of security will be bleached because of that URL just keep me scratching my head. It is disposable for god's sake.

Joto, belive me or not, but its much easier for newbie user than putting url in strange place. Each user know how to sign in via steam, he just need to click green button, he is redericted to steam, then he click SIGN IN via steam and its all done. I know that You are programmer, Im programmer to, but I know what is easier to regular users.

In Your logging system user try to trade with bot bot he get strange commend to find strange url and put it in security (btw those ,,shop buttons" even dont looks like a button, when I saw it at first time I didnt know what was those strange icons without boxes...). For normal user putting url in ,,invisible" section is black magic. Just implement my idea and test it for 2-3 weeks and check stats which system gave more transaction for users. I hope that making 2 conditions to change global integer variable wont make You much troubles...

The outlook of the shop buttons makes this site very unclear... My idea is much more user-friendly.

Joto, belive me or not, but its much easier for newbie user than putting url in strange place. Each user know how to sign in via steam, he just need to click green button, he is redericted to steam, then he click SIGN IN via steam and its all done. I know that You are programmer, Im programmer to, but I know what is easier to regular users.

In Your logging system user try to trade with bot bot he get strange commend to find strange url and put it in security (btw those ,,shop buttons" even dont looks like a button, when I saw it at first time I didnt know what was those strange icons without boxes...). For normal user putting url in ,,invisible" section is black magic. Just implement my idea and test it for 2-3 weeks and check stats which system gave more transaction for users. I hope that making 2 conditions to change global integer variable wont make You much troubles...

The outlook of the shop buttons makes this site very unclear... My idea is much more user-friendly.

Last time I heard people do not want to login because the Steam login looks 'shady'. So I am not sure they would like to login. Anonymous purchase is always demanded here. Everyone wants it and asks us for it. We have no choice but to give it, even considering all the risk involved for us to trade with unknown people.

Well also the thing is we cannot have a system that handles a lot of friends anymore because Valve has already limited our ability to do that. It is counter-productive to add friend just for the purpose of sending a trade offer. I understand where you are coming from because you feel that the users should provide as little as possible. But here's the thing, they either provide their trade offer URL (one time) or login to the site (each time). Which do you think is more efficient in the long run? Your suggestions is not good enough because you are asking us to add 3 steps to save 1 step. If the site is not user-friendly enough we will improve with time, but we will not change our system design just because it is not stupid enough. I would rather try to educate people rather than dumb down all of us altogether.

I have no trades in last time, I have over 200 gifts and with new system I cant even sell them... It means that new system is bad...

I have no trades in last time, I have over 200 gifts and with new system I cant even sell them... It means that new system is bad...

Yes, a system is bad because you have no sale.

Give it some time...

why is it necessary? I think it would be better:

1) buyer choose items and click "easy purchase" (something like: steam://friends/add/BOT_ID + java=RUST_6KEY)
2) bot accept friend invitation
3) bot will check buyer profile and find Trade_offer_url / trade_offer_button
4) bot sent trade offer and write "I left You trade offer" (and 5 minutes later write "manual for errors" , if buyer has not accept trade offer)

so anonymous user should only add bot. Only choose items and one Click.
(I'm not sure that this is possible in terms of programming)

why is it necessary? I think it would be better:

1) buyer choose items and click "easy purchase" (something like: steam://friends/add/BOT_ID + java=RUST_6KEY)
2) bot accept friend invitation
3) bot will check buyer profile and find Trade_offer_url / trade_offer_button
4) bot sent trade offer and write "I left You trade offer" (and 5 minutes later write "manual for errors" , if buyer has not accept trade offer)

so anonymous user should only add bot. Only choose items and one Click.
(I'm not sure that this is possible in terms of programming
)

Bot need know who he need to add, there are two options:
1) giving him strange trade-offer url which is hard to get to newbie users
2) add this guy, so bot won't need url

I think the trade offer integrity to dispenser.tf was a good idea, but for some people it is too difficult to find the trade offer link or they just don't want to find it. I have less sales as well then before, but i hope people will learn the trade offer thing.

I think the trade offer integrity to dispenser.tf was a good idea, but for some people it is too difficult to find the trade offer link ...

http://steamcommunity.com/my/tradeoffers/privacy
Each Steam user can find his trade offer link on this URL. To paste found trade offer link to dispenser just once is not so hard. And after it's done you can forget about it (almost forever) and just enjoy automated trades here. It's simple.
Trade offers is a very right step forward for Steam and for Dispenser, I'm glad we can use browser for trading and trade without adding friends on Steam.

Yes, a system is bad because you have no sale.

Give it some time...

With respect Joto, buyers prefer the old system. The new system might be better in some ways however you are overstating the problems with the old system saying it failed 50% of the time in a prior post. The old system failed alot on the weekends when trading was more active, but so did trade offers. That weekend issue has been fixed by valve several weeks ago.
Buyers are slow to learn a new method and sales have been severly affected by the change, so much so that I am no longer depositing my items on my dispenser bot. I humbly ask you, reinstate the old system or at the very least have both options available and slowly phase in the new system.