Forum/Support Market
Busy icon
Is it possible for HSP to try running one server with the sourcemod plugin "gScramble"?
http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=89136

It is very annoying to see team stacking... which happens on any server allowing team-switching.
Replies

We currently run a scramble plugin in the server. However, this does not appear to be effective against team-stacking since players simply rage quit when they are scrambled to the losing team. Usually it does not help since the stronger players are not evenly distributed after the scramble either.

No plugin could help in this matter. Even forcing scramble and disabling team change would result in reconnect and stack again. This is the problem of the overall low quality of HK players.

We are running gScramble right now, when either team won 2 rounds consecutively a scramble based on point per minute will be triggered.

If every player stick with the scrambled team, the scrambling should help to balance, but many player just disconnect and play in other servers when switched.

As I know the "gScramble" is capable of making players going into the same team after re-connection.

I think it doesn't matter letting those players switch server, instead of stacking the team, and let someone else come in play.

The problem is the in some cases these team stackers made up a large portion of the server population, and in my opinion these players made up the majority of current F2P player population as well :(

any chance making up a competitive play server?

any chance making up a competitive play server?

Depends on what you mean by competitive play. We always provide match servers (HKPUG), and will soon play a 9v9 match. But to play competitive rules in a pub server is quite contradictive because pub players are not supposed to know how to play competitively.

6v6 rules are not easy at all. Highlander is more down to earth and easy to learn. We are running a highlander server without competitive rules (rules used by UGC). If there are teams which want to play together we would always provide the server given prior notices.

The problem of going competitive is not the lack of server, it's the lack of players.

Even for a casual friendly match of Highlanders, the arrangement is difficult for everyone to take time to play the match in the same moment.

Introducing competitive play rules to public servers and hope for pubbers to play seriously is not realistic as well.

The problem isn't always stacked teams.

The problem is when (bad) people fill up the sniper/spy/engineer slots.

Its frustrating when you're doing good as an offensive engineer, and suddenly you get switched out because the class limit was reached.

Then you spec the guy and they're the ones who end up building level 3 sentries outside spawn and get maybe 1-2 points for the entire game. When the enemy makes the final push that level 3 sentry fires for about 2 seconds before being destroyed, making it mostly 2% efficient for its lifetime.

I really really really hate these engineers.

Those newbie engineers play ultra-defensively because they are sure that they can't win in a direct conflict with other classes, so they turtle in the respawn and hope they can kill 1 or 2 enemy.

But the result is the team has less players in the front and are being pressured back real quick, his sentry won't last a few seconds. This is a negative feedback loop, more players lose confidence in direct conflict and the team will become worse because of more players choose supporting classes and the front line troops are being outnumbered badly. I put limits on the supporting classes because of I want to limit the negative effect of this phenomenon, but even after that I have seen teams with 3 snipers, 3 engineers, 2 spies, and others are pyros.

Sometimes they will even yell at own teammates about their incompetence, and it demoralize the players trying hard to win and they choose to become snipers, and the negative feedback continues like a tropical storm.

It's somehow sad to see this happens, but since 10 years ago team based FPS became popular it happens in every game, it's the people.