Forum/Support Market
Busy icon
I want to add Any rare quality as a price, how do i do it? The quality that available is only for TF2, Haunted, Vintage, etc.
Replies

We did not add 'Any Rare' because we have no way to differentiate the 'levels' of the rare items. As it would be quite useless for most people if the matcher will accept all rare quality items.

Well it will be useful for entry price on Raffles, they can just give ANY rare, even if it's a bad ones.

Well it will be useful for entry price on Raffles, they can just give ANY rare, even if it's a bad ones.

Sorry for multiple post...
I must be lagged or something...

Well about the rares, at least it's better than just "Any Item"

Sorry for multiple post...
I must be lagged or something...

Well about the rares, at least it's better than just "Any Item"

Just consider that things like chests have a rarity aswell.

Yeah but Chest is not "Any Rare" there's "Any Item (Excluding Treasure Chest)" Already, so it must be possible

probably just more effort than it's worth. not only in constantly adjusting items to be exluded from the 'any rare' list but also the fact that 'standard' rare values are all over the place. dota traders should just get used to using metal.

They can't since they don't use metal, I do prefer metal myself but, you can't change the whole global market, since metal has no use in dota 2, they think it as a trash. In some dota 2 bets, they use "Random Rares" as currency, which means, ANY rare at all, they don't care the steam market price, since they just use them to pay for another item.

They can't since they don't use metal, I do prefer metal myself but, you can't change the whole global market, since metal has no use in dota 2, they think it as a trash. In some dota 2 bets, they use "Random Rares" as currency, which means, ANY rare at all, they don't care the steam market price, since they just use them to pay for another item.

yeah, i just don't think 'random rare' is good enough for a bot system, just look at scrap.tf's dota banking, it runs out of key stock instantly because everyone sells the most trash rares that no one wants.

Well that's kinda right actually, but we can use any rare as a raffle prices, a lot of people using rares to bet at d2l

Well that's kinda right actually, but we can use any rare as a raffle prices, a lot of people using rares to bet at d2l

They probably made a custom table and added every rare to it that satisfies with the requirements. If the bots would really accept 'any rare'; You would end up selling ur keys for 7 chests or greevils. Adding all the items manually would take a lot of effort and be continiously changed as new items are introduced in Dota2.