Forum/Support Market
Busy icon
This is the thread for every problems and requests for Google Authenticator. Please post here if you encounter any problem regarding Google Authenticator.

1. On Google Authenticator setup problem.

First, make sure your mobile device is synchronized to the Internet time. This is essential for the code being generated to work.

If the time is already synced but the code still isn't working, please provide these details:
a) The timezone of your device
b) The model of your device
c) The OS of your device

2. On Google Authenticator reset request.

If you are changing/resetting phone, please disable Google Authenticator yourself beforehand. So that you do not have to disable your account.

We have now a more strict rule on Google Authenticator reset request. Unless your account has only very low value of assets, now you cannot just come and say you want to reset G-Auth. There will be a 48 hour freeze period before you can reset. This period is to know whether the request is legit (i.e. not a 'fake' request by an account hijacker). If your account is hijacked, you should post here ASAP to inform us that no G-Auth reset request should be taken for your account, in order to protect your items. If you do not want your account to be frozen, you should be well-prepared before you reset or replace a mobile device, or submit a request beforehand.

**IMPORTANT**
1. Please consider using Google Authenticator as a security method if you have a reasonable amount of valuable items. Google Authenticator is an effective way of protecting your items. We won't be responsible for any of your loss if it is caused by account hijacking.

2. Please leave Google Authenticator DISABLED if you do not store any items nor Bitcoins here.

3. Please leave Google Authenticator DISABLED if you do not know what it is.
Replies

timezone: HKT
Model of phone: Iphone13

code does not work

Edit: I updated my IOS, and it still does not work

Reset done.

code does not work

Reset done.

Hi, I am not sure why my auth code still does not work, is it possible to contact you to withdraw my btc without the code?

code does not work

Reset done.

Hi, I am not sure why my auth code still does not work, is it possible to contact you to withdraw my btc without the code?

You can setup properly, and the code doesn't work afterwards?

The code generated later should work because the setup process had already taken a working generated code from your phone.

code does not work

Reset done.

The code generated later should work because the setup process had already taken a working generated code from your phone.

yes, I dont know why

code does not work

Reset done.

yes, I dont know why

Can you try to make sure the time of your phone is in sync with the universal time, you can use https://www.weather.gov.hk/en/gts/time/clock_e.html as reference.

If it is not in sync you have to change settings on your phone to use internet time services.

((timezone: HKT

code does not work

Reset done.

yes, I dont know why

Can you try to make sure the time of your phone is in sync with the universal time, you can use https://www.weather.gov.hk/en/gts/time/clock_e.html as reference.

If it is not in sync you have to change settings on your phone to use internet time services. ))
I made sure it is synced, still does not work, can you help me just withdraw the btc?

What timezone did you set in your phone? The time can be correct, but the timezone can be mis-configured.

What app did you use for generating the codes? Can you try using other apps like Authy to generate the code? Please make sure your mobile app is using Google authenticator code type.

There's not much similar cases as this case we are discussing right now, better to figure out what's wrong.

I'm afraid I cannot hand craft a BTC transaction without going through the system, withdrawals has to leave traces for accounting purposes, you have to create a withdraw request through the existing facilities. I can fix the system if the problem lies within stuff that I can change.

What timezone did you set in your phone? The time can be correct, but the timezone can be mis-configured.

What app did you use for generating the codes? Can you try using other apps like Authy to generate the code? Please make sure your mobile app is using Google authenticator code type.

There's not much similar cases as this case we are discussing right now, better to figure out what's wrong.

I'm afraid I cannot hand craft a BTC transaction without going through the system, withdrawals has to leave traces for accounting purposes, you have to create a withdraw request through the existing facilities. I can fix the system if the problem lies within stuff that I can change.

Thank you, after trying with authy, it worked. I have requested for the BTC withdrawl now

Hello. Haven't logged in here in a while and my phone I used to have is long gone. Can you remove google auth for my account please?

Anyone?

Hello. Haven't logged in here in a while and my phone I used to have is long gone. Can you remove google auth for my account please?

Anyone?

Sorry I missed your previous message. Now it's reset.

Can you disable my google authenticator I lost my old phone with it on.

Can you disable my google authenticator I lost my old phone with it on.

Reset.