Forum/Support Market
Busy icon
This is the thread for every problems and requests for Google Authenticator. Please post here if you encounter any problem regarding Google Authenticator.

1. On Google Authenticator setup problem.

First, make sure your mobile device is synchronized to the Internet time. This is essential for the code being generated to work.

If the time is already synced but the code still isn't working, please provide these details:
a) The timezone of your device
b) The model of your device
c) The OS of your device

2. On Google Authenticator reset request.

If you are changing/resetting phone, please disable Google Authenticator yourself beforehand. So that you do not have to disable your account.

We have now a more strict rule on Google Authenticator reset request. Unless your account has only very low value of assets, now you cannot just come and say you want to reset G-Auth. There will be a 48 hour freeze period before you can reset. This period is to know whether the request is legit (i.e. not a 'fake' request by an account hijacker). If your account is hijacked, you should post here ASAP to inform us that no G-Auth reset request should be taken for your account, in order to protect your items. If you do not want your account to be frozen, you should be well-prepared before you reset or replace a mobile device, or submit a request beforehand.

**IMPORTANT**
1. Please consider using Google Authenticator as a security method if you have a reasonable amount of valuable items. Google Authenticator is an effective way of protecting your items. We won't be responsible for any of your loss if it is caused by account hijacking.

2. Please leave Google Authenticator DISABLED if you do not store any items nor Bitcoins here.

3. Please leave Google Authenticator DISABLED if you do not know what it is.
Replies

my G-Auth code just valid for first 30 second, after that i have to wait 30 second for new code
not a big problem but not so convenient.

time zone : Hong Kong
model : Nexus 5

my G-Auth code just valid for first 30 second, after that i have to wait 30 second for new code
not a big problem but not so convenient.

time zone : Hong Kong
model : Nexus 5

Try sync your phone with Internet time.

I've been unavailable the account by mistake.
I want to cancel the account are not available.

Message to be described next will come out
"Account Disabled.
Your account is disabled. Please contact administrators of Dispenser.tf if you are the owner of this account. "

a) JAPAN TOKYO
b) F-06E
c) Android 4.2.2

I have a different phone (last one broke) can I get my Google Authenticator reset ASAP please? Also it would be nice if there was a warning beforehand that i had to submit a request before I deactivated so it wouldn't be frozen (I know there's a warning I had to go on this forum but not about the 48 hour freeze period without posting here first). The fact that I can't do this automatically is really annoying anyway. I just want my bitcoins!
Thanks.

I have a different phone (last one broke) can I get my Google Authenticator reset ASAP please? Also it would be nice if there was a warning beforehand that i had to submit a request before I deactivated so it wouldn't be frozen (I know there's a warning I had to go on this forum but not about the 48 hour freeze period without posting here first). The fact that I can't do this automatically is really annoying anyway. I just want my bitcoins!
Thanks.

Alright, I will unlock it right away. The freeze period is actually flexible depending on the value of the account.

Wasn't sure if this belonged in bug reports, or this thread, but I figured this one was better:
While attempting to setup G-Auth, the "Verify" button doesn't respond.

Wasn't sure if this belonged in bug reports, or this thread, but I figured this one was better:

It won't respond if the code you enter is incorrect. Try to sync your phone with Internet time.

It won't respond if the code you enter is incorrect. Try to sync your phone with Internet time.

Ah, I see, then it just isn't working for me then. :P
Am I correct in assuming it works with iPhones?

Time Zone: Central/CST
Model: iPhone 4s

Hi. I've used google authenticator on my account last night (August 07, 2014 at around 12 midnight in my timezone) successfully. I used my sister's phone to download and use the app since I don't have a smart phone. Earlier this morning, she deleted the app. What should I do? Could I just use another phone to generate the code? I need help because I need to withdraw my bitcoins right now.

So I've disabled my account and am now requesting my google authenticator to be re-enabled. The reason why I disabled it is because I am changing my phone.

So I've disabled my account and am now requesting my google authenticator to be re-enabled. The reason why I disabled it is because I am changing my phone.

Okay, I am going to unlock your account.

Ahhh Thank God! Thanks for unlocking it :) By the way, could I use a tablet rather than a smart phone to set up google authenticator? If not, I'm just going to use my dad's smart phone to set it up. Thanks!

Ahhh Thank God! Thanks for unlocking it :) By the way, could I use a tablet rather than a smart phone to set up google authenticator? If not, I'm just going to use my dad's smart phone to set it up. Thanks!

You can use any device that could run the app.

welp i sold my S2 for an Ipad mini so i didnt have the authenticator code for the lock

time zone: (UTC-07:00) Mountain Time (US & Canada)
model: Galaxy S2

welp i sold my S2 for an Ipad mini so i didnt have the authenticator code for the lock

time zone: (UTC-07:00) Mountain Time (US & Canada)
model: Galaxy S2

It has been reset.