Forum/Support Market
Busy icon
I would just like to report that Medieval Engineers Deluxe Gift also has a region lock (also old Russian stock from 4 packs where it was added retroactively).
Replies

Do you know the list of games that have similar hidden region lock?

Do you know the list of games that have similar hidden region lock?

Some Rise of Nations: Extended Edition copies have region lock.
I know for sure that copies bought 1.5-2 years ago (before whole region lock) are ROW. I have one of these here https://dispenser.tf/market/15102/ , so i guess all of them must be ROW too.
And there was a post couple weeks ago (https://dispenser.tf/forum/view/23117/) of a guy who bought 2 copies from here https://dispenser.tf/market/14103/ (from 2 different traders) and says they were both locked :( , while non of the other buyers complained. So maybe only some of them are locked or they are locked in specific regions.

From the top of my head:
Gauntlet Slayer Edition
Medieval Engineers Deluxe
Medieval Engineers
Rise of Nations: Extended Edition (thanks Norbi)

The problem was when 4 packs of these games from RU+CIS region gave ROW copies which were then retroactively locked with a hidden lock.

Carnium, I'm really surprised that the guy acted the way he did and blocked you, considering he's an admin of a huge website that deals with TF2 items. Surely the 2 keys he gained from this wouldn't be worth the bad publicity it garners.

Warning messages are added for these gifts. Feel free to report if you find other gifts with hidden region lock.

Warning messages are added for these gifts. Feel free to report if you find other gifts with hidden region lock.

Thanks Joto. Any idea how to solve it with the seller without reporting it to Steam?

Thanks Joto. Any idea how to solve it with the seller without reporting it to Steam?

No, if you feel like reporting the seller to Steam, feel free to do it, but I personally prefer you report the fact that the gifts are hidden locked (and suggest Steam to add back the warning) rather than making a "scam report".

Seems Primal Carnage: Extinction needs to be added to the list too.

https://dispenser.tf/forum/view/23298/

Hey guys, I suppose he is talking about me. This is the first I am hearing about this. Carnium has NOT talked to me about this, nor have I blocked him. My friendlist is notoriously full but not right now.
As you pointed our, I clearly listed it as NOT ROW on Outpost.
I cannot really prevent people from buying it here. Add me on Steam and I will take it back.

Carnium, I'm really surprised that the guy acted the way he did and blocked you, considering he's an admin of a huge website that deals with TF2 items. Surely the 2 keys he gained from this wouldn't be worth the bad publicity it garners.

Thanks DreamChaser, as I said I never blocked him. I usually accept friend requests only once the other guy is online. Sometimes, I remove old ones. Anyways the guy never reached out to me until today, when he posted on Outpost. I'm going to resolve this, and thank you Joto for adding the warning.

If I could tag these gifts, I would.

All is solved now. It seems that Steam was acting a bit when I wanted to re-add the seller thus the error.
I got my keys back and the bad shop rating was changed ;)

I have (obviously) refunded the user and removed the game from the shop. If anyone else is affected, I will refund them as well.
I was hoping the Outpost clarification was enough but looks like I was wrong.

Thanks DreamChaser, as I said I never blocked him. I usually accept friend requests only once the other guy is online. Sometimes, I remove old ones. Anyways the guy never reached out to me until today, when he posted on Outpost. I'm going to resolve this, and thank you Joto for adding the warning.

Glad to hear that, it never occurred to me that Steam could be the culprit here. I owe you an apology for being Judgemental Johnny.

I have (obviously) refunded the user and removed the game from the shop. If anyone else is affected, I will refund them as well.

You probably know this already but you could still create a separate traditional trade for these copies on dispenser (to link to Outpost with CIS warning) and have it NOT auto-list on the dispenser market by including ref or ToD in the payment fields. Only the trades that contain whole key numbers show up on the market page.

Unfortunately not all of us are using Outpost much. Since the new Steam trading rules Outpost has become more or less obsolete to me. And when I still had a premium account the scam bots were adding me at an alarming rate.
Dispenser is MUCH better and safer place for traders to use IMHO.
Also on Outpost it showed your gift as restricted to certain regions when you hoover the mouse cursor over it, but it was not the case here on the Dispenser.

Joto: one more for the list.
I have traded with a guy for ROW copies of Killing Floor 2 from a 6 pack. They look like region free, but seems to have a hidden region lock too!