Forum/Support Market
Busy icon
https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=1327-WUJX-5722

vac secured game list : http://store.steampowered.com/search/?sort_by=Type&category1=998&category2=8

VAC and Game Ban enabled games can either be bought for your own account, or gifted immediately. They can no longer be saved to your inventory for trading purposes. If you directly gift a game to someone who gets permanently banned, you won’t be able to gift that game again.

How does this affect gifting?
When a user is caught cheating, their Steam account is banned from playing multi-player on secured servers. This creates an incentive for people who cheat to stockpile copies of games on one account and to gift them to low value accounts where they can continue cheating. In response to this problem, Steam no longer allows users to purchase copies of VAC or Game Ban enabled games to their inventory. Additionally, if an account has directly gifted a game to other players who have been VAC or permanently Game Banned, then that account will lose the ability to gift that game.
We’ve taken these steps to ensure the integrity of the multi-player experience for those participating in online gaming communities. We understand that the restrictions on buying to inventory may be inconvenient for some legitimate users, but we believe that these steps will reduce the number of cheaters you’ll play against. And that’s important in having an online gaming experience that’s fair and enjoyable for everyone.

as far i could understand you can no longer buy VAC enabled games as a gift :

1. CSGO ,CS:S ,CS
2. ARK: Survival Evolved
3. RUST
4. DAYZ
5. Left 4 Dead 1 & 2
6. Garrys Mod
7. All Call of Duty series
8. Squad, insurgency ,killing floor, grid2,dying light

Game Ban enabled games -

1.dead by daylight
2.mount blade warband
3.Rocket League
4. Arma 3
Replies

Here is my biggest question. For example i purchase Rust and directly gift game to my friend. Does my friend need to activate Rust rightaway or can he put game in his inventory.??

Ok we know what happened now. I sent a gift to my friend and he reject gift and gift in my inventory now. I've tried second time on same game and have 2 same game in my inventory. I can send another person in any time. (Didnt try but I think you can manage gift and return gift to your inventory before friend accept or decline gift.) and Gift have "not tradable" tag but there is no any date for tradable. I dont know gift will be tradable or not. So, as there is no problem for the person who purchased the game, but resellers fucked up on theese games :(

I forget one thing, he cant add gift to inventory.

That's interesting, so there is no workaround to create tradable VAC game gifts.

That's interesting, so there is no workaround to create tradable VAC game gifts.

yep, can confirm it.

Yes that is correct.

Ok, the main question now if we restricted to buy as gift only or restricted to send stored gifts too (which was sent to someone and returned back) after buyer was banned.

1 - traded ark with alt, traded back to main. still tradable
2 - traded ark with alt, gifted back to main. (already have ark in library) added to inventory, still tradable.
3- gifted ark to alt (doesnt have ark in library) added to inventory, still tradable. gifted back to main.

so old tradable copies havent any restriction.

also i think for new purchases we can send to alt account when purchase and reject gift from alt. so like this can stock in inventory. these copies never will be tradable (didnt try, if its work like LamBaCini's said), but still giftable so no big deal.

Old gifts never applied global steam changes. At least I cant remember it.

also i think for new purchases we can send to alt account when purchase and reject gift from alt.

Its what I'm asking for. If this gift stay giftable after receiver get ban (being stored previous). So you can store gifts and be safe for trade it futher even if some kid will use cheats.

2 - traded ark with alt, gifted back to main. (already have ark in library) added to inventory, still tradable.
3- gifted ark to alt (doesnt have ark in library) added to inventory, still tradable. gifted back to main.

also i think for new purchases we can send to alt account when purchase and reject gift from alt. so like this can stock in inventory. these copies never will be tradable (didnt try, if its work like LamBaCini's said), but still giftable so no big deal.

It is a big deal.If you for example purchase 10 gifts and send all 10 to your alt. account and decline gifts you will be able to send those gifts to someone else . But if 1 of those other people gets VAC ban other gifts of that game in your inventory will be locked . Untradable and nongiftable

But if 1 of those other people gets VAC ban other gifts of that game in your inventory will be locked . Untradable and nongiftable

Are you sure or you just guess? And any proof for that?

It is a big deal.If you for example purchase 10 gifts and send all 10 to your alt. account and decline gifts you will be able to send those gifts to someone else . But if 1 of those other people gets VAC ban other gifts of that game in your inventory will be locked . Untradable and nongiftable

So this gifts never could be tradable ? if these gifts will be tradable, you can send them to another account when your account lost able to gift these games.

But if 1 of those other people gets VAC ban other gifts of that game in your inventory will be locked . Untradable and nongiftable

Are you sure or you just guess? And any proof for that?

i have no real proof for now. This is what Steam says i concluded from there....

If you directly gift a game to someone who gets permanently banned, you won’t be able to gift that game again.

i believe vac thing will affect only new purchases, if u already have gifts in inventory u still will be able to gift them to someone. (i hope :P)

i believe vac thing will affect only new purchases, if u already have gifts in inventory u still will be able to gift them to someone. (i hope :P

yeah, hope too. Its actualy very important info... Can anyone download cheats and test? xD

What if I send an affected game to my own email before the receiver gets banned? Will the gift link in the email still be usable? (Steam says you will be unable to send the game anymore but I already sent it to an email and it hasn’t been used.)

If so, I would just send all affected games to my email and in case someone gets banned, I will be able to continue selling games using the link in my email.

This is still kinda risky if someone declines your gift. It will be completely lost this time.

What if I send an affected game to my own email before the receiver gets banned? Will the gift link in the email still be usable? (Steam says you will be unable to send the game anymore but I already sent it to an email and it hasn’t been used.)

It's a good question. If those links still will be valid (after some idiot get VAC) then there is no big deal. But if they will become inactive then it will be nightmare (it will be necessarily to have maaaany accounts and store max 20 gifts per acc to avoid a big lose)

oohhhhhhwwww

is in multiplayer gamessss guys? warband dont have vac and you cant buy anymore

dead by daylight
mount blade warband

is in multiplayer gamessss guys?

Guess so. Most of multiplayer games will become restricted. Cause steam new rule also affect "third party anti-cheats", so there is not necessary to be "vac enabled" at description.

P.S. I'm pretty sure its traders repression measure. And situation gonna be worse in time. Cause noone can stop cheaters from buying discounted game codes at other stores and stock it for later. And Vavle know it.

P.S. I'm pretty sure its traders repression measure. And situation gonna be worse in time. Cause noone can stop cheaters from buying discounted game codes at other stores and stock it for later. And Vavle know it.

It wouldn't have sens. I mean - why Valve would do that? Oh wait ... they already did that. But still I cannot understand what is the point. As already all knows that this new rules are not to prevent cheaters from buying additional copies of games (such person still need to create a new account for activating a new game so what is a problem to add some found using fake PayPal, steam wallet card etc.) and it's mean that the main target are traders but ... aren't games (gifts) traders are not what drives sales?

BIG request - when someone checks whether purchased gifts (addressed at the time of purchase) after VAC one of the recipients are still valid or not please let others folks know (in this thread) - for now it's the most important matter