Forum/Support Market
Busy icon
https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=1327-WUJX-5722

vac secured game list : http://store.steampowered.com/search/?sort_by=Type&category1=998&category2=8

VAC and Game Ban enabled games can either be bought for your own account, or gifted immediately. They can no longer be saved to your inventory for trading purposes. If you directly gift a game to someone who gets permanently banned, you won’t be able to gift that game again.

How does this affect gifting?
When a user is caught cheating, their Steam account is banned from playing multi-player on secured servers. This creates an incentive for people who cheat to stockpile copies of games on one account and to gift them to low value accounts where they can continue cheating. In response to this problem, Steam no longer allows users to purchase copies of VAC or Game Ban enabled games to their inventory. Additionally, if an account has directly gifted a game to other players who have been VAC or permanently Game Banned, then that account will lose the ability to gift that game.
We’ve taken these steps to ensure the integrity of the multi-player experience for those participating in online gaming communities. We understand that the restrictions on buying to inventory may be inconvenient for some legitimate users, but we believe that these steps will reduce the number of cheaters you’ll play against. And that’s important in having an online gaming experience that’s fair and enjoyable for everyone.

as far i could understand you can no longer buy VAC enabled games as a gift :

1. CSGO ,CS:S ,CS
2. ARK: Survival Evolved
3. RUST
4. DAYZ
5. Left 4 Dead 1 & 2
6. Garrys Mod
7. All Call of Duty series
8. Squad, insurgency ,killing floor, grid2,dying light

Game Ban enabled games -

1.dead by daylight
2.mount blade warband
3.Rocket League
4. Arma 3
Replies

if we trade (not gifting) games with someone who gets banned, are we still be able to gift/trade games right? valve doesnt talk about trading

" If you directly gift a game to someone who gets permanently banned, you won’t be able to gift that game again."

if we trade (not gifting) games who gets banned, we still be able to gift/trade games right? valve doesnt talk about trading

I am almost sure that You're right.
Actual question is - after recipient (of a gift) gets VAC, user (sender & buyer) will be:
# unable to buy additional copies by using his account
# unable to buy additional copies by using any of his account where phone number is the same as on acount where he bought the copy given to VAC user (read it : https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7849-Radz-6869#banbyphone)
# unable to buy additional copies by using his account / accounts + all his already bought gifts (I mean those bought after new rules were applied) will disappear or will become inactive (e-mail links)
Option nr 1 - it's not a tragedy
Option nr 2 - ok, we need more sim cards ^ ^
Option nr 3 - no more sense for buying copies during sales coz there is to much risk for losing it all

---

Update :
Contacting with support is pointless coz "The Steam Support Team provides assistance with technical issues only."

If anyone has already tested what will happen with already bought games (adressed to e-mail) after the recipient gets VAC?

looks like arma 3 added to the list in game ban enabled games, cannot buy in inventory anymore

It is a big deal.If you for example purchase 10 gifts and send all 10 to your alt. account and decline gifts you will be able to send those gifts to someone else . But if 1 of those other people gets VAC ban other gifts of that game in your inventory will be locked . Untradable and nongiftable

So this gifts never could be tradable ? if these gifts will be tradable, you can send them to another account when your account lost able to gift these games.

I bought 1 vac gift and 1 normal gift for test at Aug. 18 and vac gift still not tradable. other gift tradable. So These gifts won't be tradable never.

looks like arma 3 added to the list in game ban enabled games, cannot buy in inventory anymore

Actually You can - just choose "send to friend (Your alt)" and decline it. Game will appear in Your inventory. It will be untradable but You can send it directly to someone who will add it to his library. The most important question is : if buying games (more than one copy per one steam account) during sales is safe? What will happen with all my X game copies when one of the recipients (X game) receives a VAC?

:)

God, I now realize how monumentally stupid my post was. Shall delete it now to avoid further embarrassment. :D

anyone with VAC or Game Ban enabled?

I can see option now save to inventory despite being vac enable or have anti-cheat though the message is still there. Did something changed again? This is odd as it contradicts the message not being able to save to inventory but the option is there when you attempt to checkout.

I can see option now save to inventory despite being vac enable or have anti-cheat though the message is still there. Did something changed again? This is odd as it contradicts the message not being able to save to inventory but the option is there when you attempt to checkout.

It's been there for a while. I think they've added it to make it easier to send gifts later if you can't directly send it at the time of the purchase.
Gifts bought this way are still not tradable though.

STEAM GIFTING CHANGES (4 May 2017)

Source: http://steamcommunity.com/games/593110/announcements/detail/1301948399254001159

Today we’re announcing changes to gifts on Steam. The gifting process has had a bunch of friction in it for a while, and we want to make it easier for you to share the games you love with friends. Steam Gifting will now be a system of direct exchange from gift buyer to gift receiver, and we will be retiring the Gift to E-mail and Gift to Inventory options. Here's a quick breakdown of benefits from the new system:

Scheduling Gifts Is Even More Straightforward
Go ahead and buy a gift months in advance and have it delivered to a friend on time, every time.

Declined Gifts Resolve The Way They Should
In the old system, a declined gift would sneak back into the giver's inventory and remain on their bill. Now, if a recipient already has the title, or just doesn't want it, they can click decline and the purchase is refunded directly to the gift giver.

Safe Cross-Country Gifting
No more worrying if a Gift to E-mail or Gift to Inventory is going to work for a friend, gifts sent through the new system will always work on the receiver's account. When there is a large difference in pricing between countries, gifting won't be available and you'll know before purchase.

These changes are now available. Please let us know if you see any issues or have any feedback.

Note: Pre-existing gifts will be unaffected by this change.